Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

2 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Yeah my opinion of her has gone down just a slight notch. I’m not a hater but I can’t help but wonder if this game was rigged.

Minus that Super bowl year when Flacco became Joe Montana, this is how it always ends under Harbaugh. No rigging required.

Easy prediction: His brother will have the Chargers in the SB in the next 2 years. Might beat the Ravens to get there lol.

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Minus that Super bowl year when Flacco became Joe Montana, this is how it always ends under Harbaugh. No rigging required.

Easy prediction: His brother will have the Chargers in the SB in the next 2 years. Might beat the Ravens to get there lol.

This is not Harbaugh's fault...not today. A team that has been so disciplined all year long and just dominated has a bad game at a bad time...you tell me: What is a HC supposed to do here? Everything has been working this year; he's made the right coaching hires (paging Dr. Rush for our 60 sacks), Monk gave Lamar the keys and unlocked things...We go something like 4-1 traveling multiple time zones...and we come into the divisional round--our biggest hurdle we hadn't yet cleared--ready to play (offense sluggish but got there).

So he doesn't get credit for all that...because we couldn't get past the AFC championship this time? Now his in-game decisions? That criticism I agree with to a degree. (But that was not in play today. Sometimes good teams lose) But him as a coach overall? We don't know how good we have it. I really hope we win a SB in the next year or two to prove folks wrong about wanting to fire him. If we get another trophy there won't be much else to say, imo

11 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

This is not Harbaugh's fault...not today. A team that has been so disciplined all year long and just dominated has a bad game at a bad time...you tell me: What is a HC supposed to do here? Everything has been working this year; he's made the right coaching hires (paging Dr. Rush for our 60 sacks), Monk gave Lamar the keys and unlocked things...We go something like 4-1 traveling multiple time zones...and we come into the divisional round--our biggest hurdle we hadn't yet cleared--ready to play (offense sluggish but got there).

So he doesn't get credit for all that...because we couldn't get past the AFC championship this time? Now his in-game decisions? That criticism I agree with to a degree. (But that was not in play today. Sometimes good teams lose) But him as a coach overall? We don't know how good we have it. I really hope we win a SB in the next year or two to prove folks wrong about wanting to fire him. If we get another trophy there won't be much else to say, imo

I have a huge issue with the offensive playcalling today. The Chiefs' run D is suspect so the Ravens run the ball 6 times total with their RBs. That...I have questions about. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I could watch her for the whole 60 minutes.  They should pin a camera shot in the corner of the screen.  Lol.

I don't have anything personal against her.  I recognize that she is a talented individual and an excellent performer.   I just really, really hate when the interconnected nexus that is the modern media-industrial complex drives something or someone into the ground.

Just now, RickinBaltimore said:

I have a huge issue with the offensive playcalling today. The Chiefs' run D is suspect so the Ravens run the ball 6 times total with their RBs. That...I have questions about. 

Oh absolutely. Monken has done some great things this year...but today? Totally over thought it, smh (And really he almost overthought it last week too...but thankfully listened to Lamar). Should've kept it simple: Run. The. BALL! But the Chiefs may have gotten into his head as much as the rest of the team, lol

8 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Not saying fire him, but admittedly I think this team might be better off going forward with a younger, more detail oriented coach and a different methodology. The message gets stale after a while. How many championship games has this team been in under Harbaugh? 4 right? 1 for 4 is not gonna get you in with the upper echelon of coaches. Bottom line.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

It was atrocious. Cocky like- we gonna pass on yo asses even though we are number one in rushing, and that's the weakness of your D. Not to mention they have a good pass rush and are actually good at defending the pass.

14 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I don't have anything personal against her.  I recognize that she is a talented individual and an excellent performer.   I just really, really hate when the interconnected nexus that is the modern media-industrial complex drives something or someone into the ground.

I just want to see her because she's smoking' hot.

38 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Yeah my opinion of her has gone down just a slight notch. I’m not a hater but I can’t help but wonder if this game was rigged.

Idk if I would call it flat-out rigged, but the NFL definitely wants certain outcomes. The Ravens are a small market and their super bowls draw low ratings, whereas with the Chiefs they’re guaranteed a huge ratings boost from Swifties. One of many reasons I stopped watching NFL years ago and only casually keep track.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fozz said:

the Ravens got outplayed and your opinion of a woman sitting in a suite who had nothing to do with the game went down.

ok.

• Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

This was a golden opportunity and they didn’t take advantage. Sure they got further but no guarantee they’ll get back next year. Burrow is back healthy, Rodgers is back, Allen is always good, Herbert will be better w Harbaugh. Nothing is a lock they’ll be back. Missed opportunities to win this game will haunt the Ravens. 

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Unfathomable stat- Ravens RBs had 6 carries.

Absolutely wild. Honestly, the Ravens didn’t have an issue moving the ball, on the ground or passing. The 3 (?) turnovers cost us the game. Lamar overthrew consistently by about 2 yards throughout the game, but despite that we had some huge deep shots that the Chiefs didn’t have an answer for.

I hate to say it but Lamar looked truly lost a few times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Unfathomable stat- Ravens RBs had 6 carries.

Someone has to answer for that... We had no momentum in the first half. Playing from behind in the second.

Chiefs basically took our game plan of long punishing drives and used it against us. 

Monken never got Lamar in a rhythm. Nothing short, no slants, no screens. Honestly flashbacks to cam cameron airing it out on every play. No idea if this was by design or if Lamar was trying too much for the big splash play. 

Lamar held the ball WAY too long. Either throw it away, check down, or run with it. Trying to hard to prove his passing skills. Monken/Lamar own this loss.

I hope Flowers can shake this off. Made a couple rookie mistakes at the wrong time. Penalties / bad decisions cost us at least 6 points. 

Chiefs are a beatable team but you can't play dumb. Too many turnovers and penalties mixed with a suspect offensive game plan lost the game.

Defense played as good as you can against #15. They were on the field for most of the first half and held the chiefs scoreless in the 2nd. 

1 minute ago, mdhokie said:

Someone has to answer for that... We had no momentum in the first half. Playing from behind in the second.

Chiefs basically took our game plan of long punishing drives and used it against us. 

Monken never got Lamar in a rhythm. Nothing short, no slants, no screens. Honestly flashbacks to cam cameron airing it out on every play. No idea if this was by design or if Lamar was trying too much for the big splash play. 

Lamar held the ball WAY too long. Either throw it away, check down, or run with it. Trying to hard to prove his passing skills. Monken/Lamar own this loss.

I hope Flowers can shake this off. Made a couple rookie mistakes at the wrong time. Penalties / bad decisions cost us at least 6 points. 

Chiefs are a beatable team but you can't play dumb. Too many turnovers and penalties mixed with a suspect offensive game plan lost the game.

Defense played as good as you can against #15. They were on the field for most of the first half and held the chiefs scoreless in the 2nd. 

Defense was lights-out, the only positive I can find in this game. Only problem is half of them will be gone next year lol

4 minutes ago, snowfan said:

The talk of the game being rigged should go to the OT forum w the rest of the nutty talk.

Not gonna blame this one on the refs but NFL officiating is terrible for a sport that rakes in billions. Ravens got called for a defensive holding early in the game, which was a correct call but very minor hold. Later in the game there were multiple times ravens receivers were held and no call. 

I understand that they are told to "let them play" in the playoffs, but the uneven-ness of the calls is irritating. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

If the Ravens keep both coordinators we may have a better chance of running it back (and finishing) next year.

That schedule next yr is no easy task. Currently the 2nd toughest schedule for ‘24.
Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Bills, Eagles at home

Cowboys, Texans, Bucs, Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers on the road

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic