Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 General Discussion

Chambana

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Picked up 0.4" of snow as misty light snow fell all evening and overnight. 

Woke up to 0.4” too. Had 0.2” yesterday, with mood flakes off and on all day. Still getting snow showers this morning. Not much, but it finally looks like winter out there.

• Like 1

2.4” from yesterday evening into the overnight hours. Quite a surprise. 
You're in the LOT CWA right? I can't see locations on Tapatalk. Would pass your report to the office if they could use a few.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

2.5" my final total, but co-op site on the shore got 4.5". Crazy, but there must of been a pocket of mod snow that clipped them, and rode the E side of town. No obs E of town, so can't be sure what happened. Next clipper later in the week with some cold air behind that for a quick cold snap. Big action staying S the next week or so with Chi town, and possibly the Motor City getting in on the action. Have fun guys. :) 

Still waiting on datasets to report in for the Dec, but in the meantime, I went ahead and worked up my max/min avg map from various stations across the NC US. Haven't done this in quite a while, but with a near record/record Dec, thought it would be a good visual on how awesome a month it was. BTW, I use a dense rank method instead of standard ranking. Personally think it's a better ranking method for temps.

Dec max avg.gif

Dec min avg.gif

On 1/8/2024 at 12:32 PM, Brian D said:

Another round of light snow coming my way. Lake band set up around Silver Bay to my NE. North Shore looking at 3-6"+. Next system looking to produce very well with the lake's help Wed pm-Thurs with 6-8"+ possible.

Jan 8 snow.gif

They bombed on this cast. Only 0.5"-2.5" being reported along the shore. Wed night-Fri should be much better with the clipper, and associated trough. With temps cooling down, especially in the mid levels, the lake should really help with totals around the head of the lake.

8 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Tonight's sneaky little wave has been improving for my area.  The 12z HRRR now has a strip of 3-4" from Cedar Rapids to Dubuque.

image.thumb.png.3a65129caaa472b93515b58b66ededae.png

Going to have mountains of snow beside the driveway after this week

• Like 2