• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

21 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Backend snow with a CCB would happen if the 500mb low closes off SE of us, which transports moisture around west of the low. Without it it’s likely progressive and wouldn’t amount to much. GFS looks nice but I’d believe that when I see it. 

Lack of sun matters so much for how it feels out; just came in from tossing the ball to the dogs and it has that "snowy" feel to it outside. Fingers are numb. Temp is 42 but it feels a lot colder. Would be nice to swing something out of this, nothing worse than cold rain. But not confident; winter has too much of a 90s feel to it. Totally unscientific, of course.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

The ensembles haven’t moved much for my area; arguably they have increased chances for significant snows.

MMU and points north/west should be in the game. 

I’m in Morristown and right in the line. Either way ratios will be very low but would be nice to see flakes fly. 

38 minutes ago, Newman said:

Verbatim on the GFS, the Pats game at 1 and Giants game at 4:30 would be fun on Sunday

Would it be the first time an NFL game was delayed due to ligntning in a snow storm ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoulderWX said:

This is hilarious and without any support. Also be careful with 10:1 as many have stated before, looking closer to 5/6:1 along coast and other marginal areas. 

RGEM wasn't terrible for the coast but yes needs more support to be believable. Hopefully the Euro shows some improvement in less than an hour though it's prob a long shot. 

5 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

RGEM wasn't terrible for the coast but yes needs more support to be believable. Hopefully the Euro shows some improvement in less than an hour though it's prob a long shot. 

um RGEM hardly shows much at the coast? you gotta be NW of white plains, etc for anything over 3”

16 hours ago, forkyfork said:

with such strong energy coming into the west behind our system it will be difficult for the mid levels to close off in time for the northeast to get widespread double digits imo

image.thumb.png.139498c3e6fc4321d0ec05bb8cf69931.png

i still think this 

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic