Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

Just now, Terpeast said:

op GFS and GEFS very close in SLP placement at h132

Makes me think that storms will try to follow that baroclinic zone off the VA/NC coast NE-ward (if you've been paying attention to SST and t2m maps in that area, you know what I'm talking about)

• Like 2

Just now, Terpeast said:

Makes me think that storms will try to follow that baroclinic zone off the VA/NC coast NE-ward (if you've been paying attention to SST and t2m maps in that area, you know what I'm talking about)

yeah ive been seeing that signature on all the ensembles when looking at precip anomaly maps thats prob gonna help us here

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

I hope the hell not.  You should be fine unless this thing passes over Fredericksburg

I see two competing influences where this storm wants to come north, but at the same time the cold high gets even stronger while bearing down on us. Will be interesting to see how these trend until we're 60-72 hours from game time. By then, the models should be pretty locked in, give or take 15-20 miles

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

I see two competing influences where this storm wants to come north, but at the same time the cold high gets even stronger while bearing down on us. Will be interesting to see how these trend until we're 60-72 hours from game time. By then, the models should be pretty locked in, give or take 15-20 miles

I know you know this, but the 20 mile wide gradient between 2" and 10" makes these storms rough even at close range. 

2 minutes ago, SnowDreamer said:

I know you know this, but the 20 mile wide gradient between 2" and 10" makes these storms rough even at close range. 

I'm 80-90% confident that there will be a steep gradient in snowfall within a 20 mile range, or even less. I just hope most of us will be on the left side of it.

• Like 3

This could be a season saving storm. Without out we are looking at 2 cutters and no snow by January 15z.

This storm is critical. We could be at above average snow on Monday for the season

It’s like your fantasy rb scoring a td in the first quarter if it happens

• Like 3
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, Ji said:

This could be a season saving storm. Without out we are looking at 2 cutters and no snow by January 15z.

This storm is critical. We could be at above average snow on Monday for the season

It’s like your fantasy rb scoring a td in the first quarter if it happens

We won’t get 2 cutters. Wait and see