Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 10-11 Storm Event

Go Kart Mozart

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Good to see you’ve Finally come to your senses…as we tried to tell you yesterday and prior my friend. Wind fails much more often than not here. We just don’t live in a damaging wind area…unless tropical systems visit. Enjoy the big rains. 

Had the storm gone west like had been modeled all the high winds would have been realized here and where you live. The east shift this morning took that away . We do live in damaging wind area. Especially here . You were right , for the wrong reason lol

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Had the storm gone west like had been modeled all the high winds would have been realized here and where you live. The east shift this morning took that away . We do live in damaging wind area. Especially here . You were right , for the wrong reason lol

Actually I’ll have to disagree with you on a couple parts….I knew something would happen to negate the winds, because that’s what always happens with these, except very rarely.  I explained that in the December thread. And no, we don’t live in a damaging wind area for the vast part.  Sure damaging winds can and do happen on rare occasions(severe, tropical, the rare screamer, the rare tornado), but buy and large it’s not a damaging wind region. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

For those craving damaging winds, be careful what you wish for. My house got split in half by a massive 140 year old Norway spruce on February 3 (arctic front - 64 mph gust) and we have been displaced ever since. Gave up on getting back in house anytime soon (Statefarm is so slow and contractors can’t find help) so we are closing on a new house on Friday (out in the country, more land, higher elevation and hopefully more snow). Gonna sell the old house which will be virtually brand new…. Hopefully late spring . Damaging winds can change your life for sure. With that being said, wind gonna do what wind gonna do, so wishing for or against it won’t change anything lol.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Could be quite the gradient across NW ME. Trends this morning give Coos Co a little more wiggle room and start to get more of NW Maine in the game

Its tight, Those are the areas i've been focused on, Would like to see them retain up there and possible net gain, Areas to the SE were cooked from the get go for snow for over a week, Easier for models to lock in on a rainer.

22 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

For those craving damaging winds, be careful what you wish for. My house got split in half by a massive 140 year old Norway spruce on February 3 (arctic front - 64 mph gust) and we have been displaced ever since. Gave up on getting back in house anytime soon (Statefarm is so slow and contractors can’t find help) so we are closing on a new house on Friday (out in the country, more land, higher elevation and hopefully more snow). Gonna sell the old house which will be virtually brand new…. Hopefully late spring emoji1696.png. Damaging winds can change your life for sure. With that being said, wind gonna do what wind gonna do, so wishing for or against it won’t change anything lol.

Wow man, sorry to hear that.  Being displaced for that long is a bummer. Good luck with the new homestead.
I was almost decapitated by the top of a telephone pole a few years ago and that’s when I gave up any wind fetishes. 

• Like 2