Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12/10-11 Disco / Obs - Rain/Snow/Wind Event

nj2va

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

It's literally the same, outside of minor run to run noise.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro seems locked in

It’s been a rock for 6 consecutive runs now. With the exception of random noise run to run (which everyone freaks out over if some meso band shifts 5 miles and changes their yards output) it’s been as locked in as I’ve ever seen. Impressive if it ends up nailing this. And worth noting next time we’re in this situation. All other guidance has had some hiccup runs in the last 36 hours. 

If I still resided in Dale City --- I'd be definitely planning on going to West Virginia via Rts 28, 7 and 9. Rt 9 is gonna be a wonderbar place to be for the storm. Once you get west of Hillsboro, MASSIVE change in the weather, snow often became heavy and accumulative. I saw this so many times!

It’s been a rock for 6 consecutive runs now. With the exception of random noise run to run (which everyone freaks out over if some meso band shifts 5 miles and changes their yards output) it’s been as locked in as I’ve ever seen. Impressive if it ends up nailing this. And worth noting next time we’re in this situation. All other guidance has had some hiccup runs in the last 36 hours. 

Most famous euro hiccup was when it took us from 28-19 inches 2 days before game time with a stressful south shift lol in 2016

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

Most famous euro hiccup was when it took us from 28-19 inches 2 days before game time with a stressful south shift lol

true but 
1) that was like 4 upgrades ago. 
2) it was a major hiccup but it was like 60 hours about I think and it corrected immediately next run. One hiccup out of 8 days of runs is to be expected. 

• Like 1

I would love this to reflect ground truth, but it won't be (as most of us know). At this point I think there is a decent shot of non accumulating snow in the air east of the Fall line, and an inch or 2 up your way, with several inches in the western highlands. That would be an area wide win imo given how this looked not too long ago.

Was trying to good juju it into existence! Pretty confident we can get an inch or so up here. It doesn’t even need to stick honestly.. just give me a few hours of fatties flying and I’m content.

• nj2va changed the title to 12/10-11 Disco / Obs - Rain/Snow/Wind Event
  • stormtracker unpinned this topic