Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Rgem still rolling large albeit it a bit too far west for everyone's comfort in the LSV. 

To further on what Anthonyweather shared a couple posts above from DT about the miller A vs miller B scenario, the Miller B scenario in this case would have been best for a longer duration system and more of a broad shield of precip across PA. The A solution that most guidance has settled upon shortens the duration and tightens the band of best QPF up since the system itself isn’t progged to be overly strong anymore. So the folks that see some of the best amounts are probably gonna be living dangerously in terms of the proximity to that changeover line. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Sexist or any kind of inappropriate comments are not acceptable. Period. You know where the door is if you don’t like it ;) 

You know, I think we could cool it on certain things but I reported a post by metfan of all people where he randomly showed up in the Pittsburgh thread trolling posting snow maps if nyc getting crushed and the storm basically missing us.

if I went to the ny or mid Atlantic sub and did that I would be banned or five posted in a minute….just saying

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

To further on what Anthonyweather shared a couple posts above from DT about the miller A vs miller B scenario, the Miller B scenario in this case would have been best for a longer duration system and more of a broad shield of precip across PA. The A solution that most guidance has settled upon shortens the duration and tightens the band of best QPF up since the system itself isn’t progged to be overly strong anymore. So the folks that see some of the best amounts are probably gonna be living dangerously in terms of the proximity to that changeover line. 

Said it the other day…Gotta smell the rain for the best snows.

NAM looked way too paltry based on a ton of other guidance, but it has been locked once or twice before. signals been strong for too long. 

The words “toss it” come to mind (even if it knows something the rest don’t). That fits my feelings better for now. 

14 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

6 hours of parachutes for those near the line. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Gotta smell the rain to get the heaviest snows!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Said it the other day…Gotta smell the rain for the best snows.

NAM looked way too paltry based on a ton of other guidance, but it has been locked once or twice before. signals been strong for too long. 

The words “toss it” come to mind (even if it knows something the rest don’t). That fits my feelings better for now. 

Almost everytime I "smelled the rain", within the hour it was indeed raining. Living that close to the changeover can be a real nailbiter. For the lucky few who never see the change, the reward is worth it, though.

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Almost everytime I "smelled the rain", within the hour it was indeed raining. Living that close to the changeover can be a real nailbiter. For the lucky few who never see the change, the reward is worth it, though.

Out this way, since we are constantly battling the primary driving up into our area, it isn’t true. Our best systems are where we are nowhere near the mixing line and we’re the primary transfers in time ti keep us snow but to also have the secondary shoot back bands of CCB from the coast 

5 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Gfs better imby and a little cooler. No rain in s central PA.

yeah I saw abc 27 trying to say a good part of the storm would be ending as rain in the area. but I laughed at it when they showed a radar having all snow all the way down to northern MD and never showed it going to rain over south central PA. Then he was like this radar doesnt reflect my idea of the precip type. Then why did you show this version of the radar? if they are doing a different model run in house show that run that lines up with what you are saying 

1 minute ago, Ruin said:

yeah I saw abc 27 trying to say a good part of the storm would be ending as rain in the area. but I laughed at it when they showed a radar having all snow all the way down to northern MD and never showed it going to rain over south central PA. Then he was like this radar doesnt reflect my idea of the precip type. Then why did you show this version of the radar? if they are doing a different model run in house show that run that lines up with what you are saying 

Honestly, I  have not watched local tv for weather, when I  lived in MD or here, since PD2 in 2/03. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Honestly, I  have not watched local tv for weather, when I  lived in MD or here, since PD2 in 2/03. 

fair enough I dont normally either but I just wanted to see what they claimed we would get 

21 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Out this way, since we are constantly battling the primary driving up into our area, it isn’t true. Our best systems are where we are nowhere near the mixing line and we’re the primary transfers in time ti keep us snow but to also have the secondary shoot back bands of CCB from the coast 

Yeah, depending region you're probably right. My home in Tamaqua though, we'd get our heaviest burst just before changing over. When I'd see the flake size grow and it would be dumping mad dendrites, I'd tell my wife it was about to flip...and it almost always did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wxdavis5784 said:

I watch em, but just to see where their bias lies.

what I dislike about abc27 when they do the intro to weather. they say your most accurate forecast . 1 where are they getting this from what agency say your the most accurate 2 what is the % of the accuracy? 

• Like 1

what I dislike about abc27 when they do the intro to weather. they say your most accurate forecast . 1 where are they getting this from what agency say your the most accurate 2 what is the % of the accuracy? 
If you want to chuckle see if you can find any clips of weather forecast for them before the January 2016, then watch the day of coverage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Wxdavis5784 said:

I watch em, but just to see where their bias lies.

My wife occasionally watches the local news with Finkbiener (sp?) and says he's pretty good. But we haven't been up here with a nail biter snow threat like this one. Idk what he's said as of now because she hasn't been watching any local news lately. 

• Like 1