Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Truly, if you have a block button use it on him.  I had to stop posting in the W. PA thread.  The negativity from him is too much.  It’s only weather, you can’t let it ruin every aspect of your life, but he does.

But, anyway, I’d lock that run in in a heart beat.  Hopefully, the GFS is on to something.  Seems it can sniff stuff out from this distance, then loses it, only for it to come back.  We’ll see though.

Please post in here whenever you would like. We welcome posters from other forums that contribute decent information & positively impact the conversation whenever possible.

• Like 2

Since you asked … 
The classic martini made table side at Connaught Bar is the stuff of dreams.  
IMG-0673.jpg 
This was amazing from the Brown’s Hotel bar -  Old Tom gin, amaro lucano anniversario, liquorice, grand marnier, balsamic vinegar
IMG-0387.jpg 
Also had this there  - Umeshu, manzanilla sherry, lacto fermented pineapple, wray & nephew rum
IMG-0393.jpg 
This exceeded expectations by a great value and you should add it to the menu - Nordes Gin, Jasmine Patchouli Liquor, Jasmine Syrup, Lime
IMG-0366.jpg 
The best restaurant in the world, Gymkhana, made this great drink - Tanqueray Gin, Curry Leaf, Ginger, Lemon, Egg White, Tonic Bitters
IMG-0396.jpg 
This was joyous and earthy  - Black Truffle Gin, Red Vermouth, Campari, Parmigiano Cheese
IMG-0530.jpg 
Lots of beers from pubs. The Founders Special Ale (1st pic) was especially terrific.  
IMG-0440.jpg 
IMG-0293.jpg 
Beautiful beautiful beautiful. I shall be taking notes and inspiration. Thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Truly, if you have a block button use it on him.  I had to stop posting in the W. PA thread.  The negativity from him is too much.  It’s only weather, you can’t let it ruin every aspect of your life, but he does.

But, anyway, I’d lock that run in in a heart beat.  Hopefully, the GFS is on to something.  Seems it can sniff stuff out from this distance, then loses it, only for it to come back.  We’ll see though.

Sorry, but I’m extremely frustrated with how suddenly the models pulled the rug on the return to winter later this week, and just 4 days out, and it’s not like it’s just being delayed by a day or two. They can’t seem to get a handle on anything these days. Sure, patience is a virtue, but it’s a struggle on the heels of the worst winter of any of our lifetimes and now we’ve frittered away almost half of this one with nothing to show for it. Sorry, but it just stings.

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch, 
You're a nasty wasty skunk,
Your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk, Mr. Grinch,
The three words that best describe you are as follows, and I quote, 
"Stink, stank, stunk"! 

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch, 
You're the king of sinful sots, 
Your heart's a dead tomato splotched with moldy purple spots, Mr. Grinch, 
Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful 
Assortment of rubbish imaginable mangled up in tangled up knots! 

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch, 
With a nauseous super "naus"! 
You're a crooked dirty jockey and you drive a crooked hoss, Mr. Grinch, 
You're a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce!  Marry Christmas you bunch of cotton headed ninny muggins.
  • Like 1

Merry Christmas!! Today looks to be the last dry day for a couple days. Steadiest rain looks to develop from west to east across the County on Tuesday evening. A good chance at 0.5 to 1" of rain before ending late Wednesday night. Temp well into the 40's to near 50 through Thursday before a change to colder by Friday.
Records for Christmas Day: High 67 (1964) / Low minus 6 (1980) / Rain 1.93" (2002) / Snow 13.0" (1909)
image.png.3d6cebbd3eb87410b3238794c8696e1e.png

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 12z GFS wishes you a Happy Birthday!

The upcoming pattern would support this type of event, so let’s continue to watch the chances develop over the next week or two.

IMG_3773.png

IMG_3774.png

Is that considered an overrunning event?  I’ve always been a little unclear on what constitutes that kind of event exactly.

I believe the Feb.5-6, 2010 storm was an over runner.  That gave my area over 20”.  Would love to see one like that again.

26 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 12z GFS wishes you a Happy Birthday!

The upcoming pattern would support this type of event, so let’s continue to watch the chances develop over the next week or two.

IMG_3773.png

IMG_3774.png

At least they are coming under us and not at or above us, so at the minimum the pattern change is happening.  To what degree, dunno yet.

Merry Christmas to all.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Is that considered an overrunning event?  I’ve always been a little unclear on what constitutes that kind of event exactly.

I believe the Feb.5-6, 2010 storm was an over runner.  That gave my area over 20”.  Would love to see one like that again.

Based on nooner evolution, thats more of a miller A as its one system rolling along w/ HP up north.  Overrunning is when the warmer moisture rides up over cold HP and in between precip gets squeezed out aka baroclinic zone.  You often have baroclinic zones during zonal flow patterns.  Hope that helps a bit.

• Thanks 1