Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

And I've heard/read that for three years as well.

Until something of note happens, I give you as much credence as I do TheClimateTraveler.

In other news, the ground has caved.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Lol, you’re right….

Let me try to be a Deb… it’s over!

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Thanks, we all have our own different personalities & experiences to share. 

Very true.

Just remember that different personalities means that many are not like yours. I'm 58 years old and never went back to back years without shoveling a single time.

Until the last 2 winters, that is. And as horrific as the past 2 years were, you were still able to post snow maps that gave me literally hundreds of inches of digital snow.

Having said all of that, count me in as one who believes our turn is coming soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Very true.

Just remember that different personalities means that many are not like yours. I'm 58 years old and never went back to back years without shoveling a single time.

Until the last 2 winters, that is. And as horrific as the past 2 years were, you were still able to post snow maps that gave me literally hundreds of inches of digital snow.

Having said all of that, count me in as one who believes our turn is coming soon.

And ultimately, despite “different experiences,” the experience we’ve all shared last winter and the beginning of this winter has been largely the same and hasn’t been good. It has to turn around at some point, and hopefully it’ll be this winter, but it’s hard not to be cynical right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Very true.

Thanks & here’s to better days coming soon!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

When the pattern switches i hope we get a storm that produces 20 jnches. Then we'll all be happy.

same but I just cant help but remember last year and year before they kept pushing the pattern change back a week or 2 till the end of march. then you hear oh if this storm was in jan feb it would of been historic 

32/27ºF with light snow currently.

Coating of snow on the grass so far this evening, with another solid wave of LES/upslope snow working SE in the half hour to hour that should make it off the Allegheny Front enough to probably allow for period of accumulating snow here. I’d say pretty decent chance to get the first 1”+ of the season overnight. I’ve only measured approx 1/2” for the season so far prior to today.

Rain total from yesterday was only 0.67” and peak wind gust occurred this afternoon right at 40 mph. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

32/27ºF with light snow currently.

Coating of snow on the grass so far this evening, with another solid wave of LES/upslope snow working SE in the half hour to hour that should make it off the Allegheny Front enough to probably allow for period of accumulating snow here. I’d say pretty decent chance to get the first 1”+ of the season overnight. I’ve only measured approx 1/2” for the season so far prior to today.

Rain total from yesterday was only 0.67” and peak wind gust occurred this afternoon right at 40 mph. 

What are your thoughts on the potential of the upcoming pattern change?

I know last 2 or 3 years hav been bad, frustrating, disappointing, you name it.  Remember those last 3 years were La Nina winters, usually lousy for us, and there never was 3 years in a row; ow it's opposite, El Nino winter; December not good, but later it is. We've been burned many times, but all things point to good times very soon. Waiting is always nerve wracking.

14 minutes ago, NEPA MT TOP said:

I know last 2 or 3 years hav been bad, frustrating, disappointing, you name it.  Remember those last 3 years were La Nina winters, usually lousy for us, and there never was 3 years in a row; ow it's opposite, El Nino winter; December not good, but later it is. We've been burned many times, but all things point to good times very soon. Waiting is always nerve wracking.

th?id=OIP.7LTlvBw3gEL1bWyuXSQu_wHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&h=220