Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

This apparently needs posted again.

The Pittsburgh crew must not have seen it…

Wouldn’t the week 3-4 outlook reflect that, given that you’ve been advertising this pattern change for days, so it’s not like the CPC hasn’t caught up?

Just now, TimB said:

Wouldn’t the week 3-4 outlook reflect that, given that you’ve been advertising this pattern change for days, so it’s not like the CPC hasn’t caught up?

Go & read the good posters in the New England & Mid Atlantic thread. They are very much on board. Many pro Forecasters are on board as well.

The good stuff is coming….

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Go & read the good posters in the New England & Mid Atlantic thread. They are very much on board. Many pro Forecasters are on board as well.

The good stuff is coming….

The people at the CPC are (checks notes) pro forecasters, and they’re calling for very solid chances at above normal temperatures in the 6-10 day, 8-14 day, and week 3-4 outlooks. Not saying you can’t get snow in that pattern because you can, but I think above normal temperatures well past the new year are a good bet.

Just now, TimB said:

The people at the CPC are (checks notes) pro forecasters, and they’re calling for very solid chances at above normal temperatures in the 6-10 day, 8-14 day, and week 3-4 outlooks. Not saying you can’t get snow in that pattern because you can, but I think above normal temperatures well past the new year are a good bet.

I’m not dismissing CPC, but I don’t care if we are 1 degree above normal as long as I am shoveling a few decent snowstorms in my town.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TimB said:

Not exactly inspiring. I’ve never seen this much of this deep red on the week 3-4 outlook.6AD19669-2AE6-405E-8115-1727210BA40C.jpeg.a757ee13f5740fd499272aa8a364b525.jpeg

this outlook accuracy has to be called into question. how often does this so called 3-4 week modeling actually pan out. I remember the last 2 years kept hearing cold is coming below average and precip above average. the precip was always about average and the cold just kept getting pushed back then to never actually happen.

• Like 1

Let's just not engage CC or his alter ego TimB. They are not happy souls. Has either ever posted anything positive for cold and/or snow? Of course not, and it's intentional. The whole purpose is to bring everyone down their dark, depressing hole. Best to leave them in their corner alone because they are not here to sincerely discuss weather and there's nothing anyone on this Board can do to cure them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

One last nice day before our Nor'easter impacts the area tomorrow PM. Most models show between 2" to 3" of rain across the area, winds will also increase with gusts as high as 35 mph possible before the rain tapers off around noon on Monday. There could be some snow showers Monday night into Tuesday then a seasonably chilly but dry week ahead.
Records for today: High 67 (1971) / -1 (1917) our earliest below zero reading on record / Rain 1.80" (1902) / Snow 7.3" (2020)
image.png.da39a7a491df6c740ee86de87308aa98.png

4 hours ago, mitchnick said:

Let's just not engage CC or his alter ego TimB. They are not happy souls. Has either ever posted anything positive for cold and/or snow? Of course not, and it's intentional. The whole purpose is to bring everyone down their dark, depressing hole. Best to leave them in their corner alone because they are not here to sincerely discuss weather and there's nothing anyone on this Board can do to cure them.

Agree 100% TimB climate change and dream traveler they don’t have anything to do but jack our forum up all are useless to society 

• Like 1