Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

12 hours ago, CAPE said:

I'm pretty old. They are a good team. But as a fan, I am going to be critical. Nature of the beast.

Agree!  Ravens were outplayed in first 1/2 imo. Just lucky that Jax was beating themselves. And no Ravens pass rush in first half. Lawrence seemed very comfortable with the amount of time he had to set up and then pass. 

Ravens posted a solid second half for some redemption.

They could be (almost!) undefeated if they didn’t choke in the 3 losses. 

Just my $0.02, keep the change. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

So weird reading you all on the Ravens as a bengals fan. Fwiw, baltimore is CLEARLY the class of the afc at this point in time. I have them a step below SF but we will see that resolve itself shortly. In any event, just accept that the ravens are really really good this year and enjoy the ride would be my advice…

We’re a pretty good team, but idk if we are the class of the AFC with the way the Bills are playing. I know that sounds ridiculous, but our O-line is going to keep us from winning a championship unless they get their head out their a** 

This team lives and dies with the trenches. When we control the trench, not a single team worries me. Until then, we still have something to prove. Bills line is elite and gelling at the right time. SF line is elite with Trent Williams. Can’t have Lamar HAVING to make plays with his legs all the time. We are missing a healthy LT. 

When we won in 2012, our line went nuclear in the playoffs. Flacco had forever for 90% or better of his dropbacks. We had holes to run through. It was magical. Maybe I’m being to critical, but that’s my take. 

17 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Same shit different year in the LR thread. Spent the weekend in New England. Here’s a pic of nubble light at dusk on Friday. Snow OTG in NH was limited to the notches and north. 

IMG_0935.jpeg

I love Nubble.  We were in Ogunquit for a week in July - is that ice cream place down the street from Nubble open in the offseason?  Used to be called Browns years ago but it changed its name in the last two years or so.

28 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I love Nubble.  We were in Ogunquit for a week in July - is that ice cream place down the street from Nubble open in the offseason?  Used to be called Browns years ago but it changed its name in the last two years or so.

There wasn’t much open around Nubble. That said, We were up in Kennebunkport for lunch and it was packed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nj2va said:

I’m worried about a change in the weather pattern change before we get a change in the weather pattern to change. If a weather pattern changes and no one is around to see it, did the weather pattern change?

Just brutal. Gonna need some actual fantasy storms of some type soon to stop people obsessing over whether the fantasy blues and fantasy reds are in the fantasy right places just to give us all a break on the fantasy pessimism. 

this place is like a masochist convention sometimes with three particularly cruel sadists invited who only employ one type of whip. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nj2va said:

I’m worried about a change in the weather pattern change before we get a change in the weather pattern to change. If a weather pattern changes and no one is around to see it, did the weather pattern change?

57 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just brutal. Gonna need some actual fantasy storms of some type soon to stop people obsessing over whether the fantasy blues and fantasy reds are in the fantasy right places just to give us all a break on the fantasy pessimism. 

this place is like a masochist convention sometimes with three particularly cruel sadists invited who only employ one type of whip. 

Both of these posts are eminent signature material.

The discussions up in here have been particularly entertaining of late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I still want to know how the guy who trashes long range models and models in general is saying we are can kicking the cold pattern...what did he use to assume the pattern was coming and what is he using to say it is delayed?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paleocene said:

Ugh, eagles

Until they are willing to adapt on offense this will continue.  There isn't too much they can do about the defense, they were weak up the middle in the back 7 to begin with then injuries made it worse.  But on offense they have refused to adapt to a change defenses have made.  Ever since AJ and Devonte went off earlier this season teams are playing a lot of 2 high safety and taking away whichever receiver goes deep and in some cases even double teaming them both!  And yet they continue to launch deep balls into that double coverage even when someone is wide open underneath.   They ended 3 drives last night doing that.  Once on 3rd down when they passed up a wide open Devonte for a first down and threw a bomb to a double covered AJ.  And twice late in the game when they threw and INT on a first down bomb for no reason.  

How much of that is on Hurts and how much is coaching I can't say.  Obviously its some of both.  But their philosophy needs to change, if they keep attempting deep balls when that is exactly what the defense is trying to take away the results will be the same.  

5 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

The offense has become incredibly predictable.  It was never complicated, always relied on simply having better players and letting them win their 1 on 1s.  Problem is teams have had 2 years now to take away those advantages, double team, crash the box on those QB draws...it's just not working as well anymore.  But I still think wasting 5 plays a game on deep balls is a big part of it also.  They might not be as prolific as last year still but they would be a lot better if they focused on taking what defenses are giving them and not wasting 5 plays a game forcing a deep pass into double coverage.  I am not very impressed with their offensive coaching.   Anyone can design a decent offense with the skill players they have...they seem unable to adapt now that teams have come up with ways to limit them.  That's pretty bad considering how good the talent is across the board on offense.  

• Like 1

Teams go through ups and downs. They just played the two best teams in the league, and played a third in a place that is arguably one of the toughest places to win in the NFL. The Eagles are solid. They will be around when it counts. They just need to stick to their run first mentality. They aren’t the fall behind kind of team. 

This from someone who hates the Eagles. They’re good. Wait and see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Until they are willing to adapt on offense this will continue.  There isn't too much they can do about the defense, they were weak up the middle in the back 7 to begin with then injuries made it worse.  But on offense they have refused to adapt to a change defenses have made.  Ever since AJ and Devonte went off earlier this season teams are playing a lot of 2 high safety and taking away whichever receiver goes deep and in some cases even double teaming them both!  And yet they continue to launch deep balls into that double coverage even when someone is wide open underneath.   They ended 3 drives last night doing that.  Once on 3rd down when they passed up a wide open Devonte for a first down and threw a bomb to a double covered AJ.  And twice late in the game when they threw and INT on a first down bomb for no reason.  

How much of that is on Hurts and how much is coaching I can't say.  Obviously its some of both.  But their philosophy needs to change, if they keep attempting deep balls when that is exactly what the defense is trying to take away the results will be the same.  

Agreed on the defense; it's similar problems to last year. They're just getting exposed more because the offense isn't as productive this year.

Agreed, the offense is where the big problems are IMO. It's basically the same personnel as they had last year with Steichen, but there is absolutely no rhythm to this offense. They get caught making ridiculous play choices and seem to always shift away from what is working (or never get anything working to begin with). Teams know that Hurts is going to look at AJ, Devonta, and maybe Goedert and that's it. If those three are covered he's only rarely going to throw it to someone else. I'd say Hurts wasn't himself last night, but he was running fast and got a lot of first downs. I'd pin it on playcalling and coaching. Hurts is playing hero ball, running around in the backfield looking for guys who aren't there.

I haven't given up hope and I think they can get it together to win a playoff game or two, but the last 3 weeks have been very frustrating to watch. Last night even more so because they clearly overmatched Seattle in multiple phases of the game, but couldn't pull it off.

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Teams go through ups and downs. They just played the two best teams in the league, and played a third in a place that is arguably one of the toughest places to win in the NFL. The Eagles are solid. They will be around when it counts. They just need to stick to their run first mentality. They aren’t the fall behind kind of team. 

This from someone who hates the Eagles. They’re good. Wait and see.

As much as I despise all Philly teams, I agree that the Eagles are a good team.  They're still a team I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic