• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2023/24 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

Yeah it is definitely looking real warm for a bit here. I think we are setting up for another drop around mid February, which some of the longer term models are showing as well. Basically a repeat of the last 4 weeks with the excessive warmth transitioning to significant cold.

• Like 1

Just now, Stebo said:

Yeah I have to remember where all of them are at, there is a tire eater on the ramp from NB 75 to M10

I heard 696 is off to a fast start. Channel 7 (WXYZ) I think had a story about it last week. It is such a Detroit tradition. 

1 minute ago, AWMT30 said:

I heard 696 is off to a fast start. Channel 7 (WXYZ) I think had a story about it last week. It is such a Detroit tradition. 

Yeah the westbound side that was used for 2 way traffic this summer is real bad from Telegraph to 275, the eastbound side is brand new.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Looks pretty typical for the lower arctic to me.

7076DE46-985D-4406-AA36-BDD2003FFBC8.png

Cold near the edge of NWT, near Beaufort, means nothing to us. It's cold this week because the PV has moved back up north, but I think by early Feb the models move it back to the Arctic. 

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Yeah it is definitely looking real warm for a bit here. I think we are setting up for another drop around mid February, which some of the longer term models are showing as well. Basically a repeat of the last 4 weeks with the excessive warmth transitioning to significant cold.

Looks about right. First week of Feb is gonna suck, but I'm all for another repeat of the last few weeks lol.

2 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Didn't they have an obscene snow depth last year? 

I traversed Mt. Whitney in the Sierra Nevada last August and we were dealing with a ton of left over snow from the previous event the Sierra Nevada last winter.  A lot of the locals had some crazy stories of being buried for days.   

1 hour ago, DocATL said:

Phase 8 in mid Feb should be interesting though.

If it makes it there.  Last few winters the MJO crashes and burns to the COD before entering the favorable phases.  Trust me I know in 2-3 days this chart will likely look different and this be a mute point (the models are not great at all past day 5).  Just a bit discouraging as originally expectation was it would just move right on through in which this warmth was only going to be a week to maybe 10 days.  I knew I would lose all the current snow (just like most winters) but was hoping to head back a bit quicker to a snowier pattern.  Oh well, nothing I can to do fix it :lol:

• Like 1