Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

28 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

This is a place where it's allowed. Don't make people afraid to meltdown here. He can swing whatever direction he wants in here lol

He didn't post it in here he's doing his usual bs in the main thread...he's insufferable 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m stepping down from operations and appointing @Wxdavis5784 as interim CEO of the Panic Room Hotline, Inc.

Also, we are offering one last special: Sign up for the platinum quadruple play package within the next 48 hours, and you will be enrolled in the AmWx Jelly of the Month club; it’s the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I’m stepping down from operations and appointing @Wxdavis5784 as interim CEO of the Panic Room Hotline, Inc.

Also, we are offering one last special: Sign up for the platinum quadruple play package within the next 48 hours, and you will be enrolled in the AmWx Jelly of the Month club; it’s the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

I'm sure the Reaper @WxWatcher007 will take a fat percentage of those quadruple play packages...and income from the Jelly of the Month Club...as part of his retirement package!!! :lol:

That was one of the greatest movie rants of all time, from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, arlwx12 said:

For those of you despairing:

Wait until the end of Febrruary.

I’m actually really curious now as to what the last date is that the airports have been shut out, yet still ended up above-average snow for the season. My cursory research over the weekend seemed to put the date around Jan. 23, but I’m going to look into it more if we’re still shut out next month. 

16 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I’m actually really curious now as to what the last date is that the airports have been shut out, yet still ended up above-average snow for the season. My cursory research over the weekend seemed to put the date around Jan. 23, but I’m going to look into it more if we’re still shut out next month. 

I couldn't help myself so I looked this up now for BWI and DCA.

There is one winter I can find which should give weenies hope: 1913-14.

BWI was shut out until Feb. 6, when 0.2" of snow fell. That was the start of a pattern change featuring below average temps and numerous nickel-and-dime events, until the season finished at 23," which was 3.7" above the 1991-2020 average. DCA was shut out until Feb. 13-14, when 6" of snow fell. The final total at DCA was 28.6" which was 14.9" above the 1991-2020 average.

Second place goes to 1965-66, where BWI was shut out until Jan. 22-23, when 2.1" fell. DCA was shut out until Jan. 26, when 6.9" of snow fell. The airports ended with seasonal totals of 32.8" and 28.4", respectively. As 1965-66 has been touted as one of the top analogs to this winter, it's probably best to wait until around then before being reaped.

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic