Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

brooklynwx99

14 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Seriously the gfs is cold next weekend as well

def seeing some progress amongst the op models on wavebreaking and seeing some more seasonable temps during the holiday week. brooklynwx99 has been talking about this a lot today and i appreciate his input on things. whether it pans out or not is still highly uncertain due to how much these models flop but it is far more encouraging and fun to look at than what the past 3 days has been

1 hour ago, vegan_edible said:

i will say that the canadian models performed exceptionally well last winter, especially the RGEM. i wouldn't dismiss those so easily 

The main reason to be skeptical the OP CMC single digits just west of NYC at 10 days is that it’s a big cold outlier among it’s ensembles along with the GEFS and GEPS. This is why it’s much better to use ensemble means beyond 5 days. The ensembles are pretty good at this range but their have been numerous runs way too cold from the OP at days 7-10.

2951CC68-C212-43A7-8F6E-5FB361F696A0.thumb.png.51b454ce51085aff9d0f095c2ea719de.png

1C1A1B2D-605A-4ED2-808A-6AF86CD0E32B.thumb.png.5d94cca8fcb3f9dba94c9c8829d784a6.png

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

Just now, bluewave said:

The main reason to be skeptical the OP CMC at 10 days is that it’s a big cold outlier among its own ensembles. This is why it’s much better to use ensemble means beyond 5 days. 

C1DF46DE-81DD-41CE-8656-3C04BF908EEB.thumb.png.df314793697e111aa3baa19714bb769e.png

1C1A1B2D-605A-4ED2-808A-6AF86CD0E32B.thumb.png.5d94cca8fcb3f9dba94c9c8829d784a6.png

Pattern looks alot better near the holidays once again. Hope it continues.

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 4

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The main reason to be skeptical the OP CMC at 10 days is that it’s a big cold outlier among its own ensembles. This is why it’s much better to use ensemble means beyond 5 days. The ensembles are pretty good at this range but their have been numerous runs way too cold from the OP at days 7-10.

C1DF46DE-81DD-41CE-8656-3C04BF908EEB.thumb.png.df314793697e111aa3baa19714bb769e.png

agreed 100%

51 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Well if that happens then my February idea I discussed with you back in early November in the ENSO thread is dead wrong. As we showed with 97-98 MJO phase 8 even at the end of December and January could make no difference with a very strong El Niño in place ——-raging jet promotion 

I'm pretty confident that won't be the case.

3 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

It then turned noticeably warmer toward mid-month with the temperature peaking at 64° on January 14th in NYC. Boston had two 66° highs. Philadelphia and Washington, DC reached 70°.

Very noteworthy mid Jan warm shot JAN 12-20, 1995, PHL averaged +18 over the 9 days vs. the current averages. Would have been over a +20 torch against the normal at that time.

• Like 1

I’m pretty confident that we’ll be surprised one or two more times this season, at least. Whether that works in our favor or against us is yet to be determined. 

Referring to the models undercooking the magnitude of an upcoming pattern feature, hopefully that ends up being blocking this time while we have at least a marginally improved Pac. 

For now, just a hope. 

This is weird.

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
1045 AM EST Wed Dec 13 2023

ANZ450-141545-
Coastal waters from Sandy Hook to Manasquan Inlet NJ out 20 nm-
1045 AM EST Wed Dec 13 2023

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for the Atlantic coastal waters
adjacent to Monmouth County out 20 nm.

.DAY ONE...Through tonight.

There is a low probability of widespread hazardous weather.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday.

Gale-force winds and/or very rough seas are forecast on Sunday.
Hurricane-force winds and/or dangerously high seas are expected
on Monday.
Storm-force winds and/or very high seas are expected on Tuesday.

As of yesterday, you would have thought winter was over. Today, we get a cold run from the cmc, and slightly colder run from gfs, and winter is back. Its hilarious. Give me 3 days of solid runs showing cold, and I will buy it. I seriously don't think we see real cold/snow until Jan. I'm ok with that, as Jan and Feb, hell even March is when we get snow on LI.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suzook said:

As of yesterday, you would have thought winter was over. Today, we get a cold run from the cmc, and slightly colder run from gfs, and winter is back. Its hilarious. Give me 3 days of solid runs showing cold, and I will buy it. I seriously don't think we see real cold/snow until Jan. I'm ok with that, as Jan and Feb, hell even March is when we get snow on LI.

Watch what you say on here this year.  Lot of sensitive warminstas. 

6 minutes ago, suzook said:

Watch what you post on here . They’ll say it’s over before it’s even begun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1