Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

On 11/21/2023 at 3:01 PM, TSSN+ said:

IMG_3993.jpeg

YOU WANT A WINTER PREDICTION?

I'LL GIVE YOU A PREDICTION.

IT'S GOING TO BE PRETERNATURALLY FRIGID, IT'S GOING TO BE GREY, IT'S GOING TO BE COMMA HEAD SNOWS PIVOTING IN PLACE OVER THE MID ATLANTIC, ONE AFTER ANOTHER AFTER ANOTHER, SOME OF THESE M-FOOKERS ARE GONNA RETROGRADE SOUTHWEST RIGHT INTO NW DC AND VICINITY, IT'S GOING TO BE SO DAMN SNOWY IN THE MID ATLANTIC THIS WINTER THAT IT'S GOING TO LAST YOU THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Fixed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

2 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

again… it honestly doesn’t really matter THAT much if this produces a big storm. just the fact that anomalous -NAO blocking is showing up is a big sign towards a good winter. the same thing happened in 2002/2009

We have a winnah.

2002-2003 Dale City got 39 inches.

2009-2010 Damn I dont know how much we got. The yardstick was useless after a couple of those blizzards, I either slant sticked it or accidentally measure a drift. Dad and I almost didnt make it back from Charles Town during one of the storms. The damn cloud decks were too low lmao! That was how I accidentally won that 900 dollars from the Sun and Moon slot, we had to go back, the storm was so bad, and I put my last 40 dollars in. Prolly got 50 inches snow that unimaginable snow season. 2009-10 in eastern West Virginia, wow, I had NEVER, EVER seen so much snow, at least, not personally! (Except at Palisades Tahoe last winter) Drifts over Rt 9, at least fifteen feet! I was wow wow wowing nonstop! I was absolutely blasting tracks that have always reminded me of snow and epic jebwalks, and man, did I EVER experience TRULY EPIC JEBWALKS in eastern West Virginia in 2009-2010! I thought my weenie heart would BURST I was so damned overjoyed! I screamed WOOOOOOO---HOOOOOO so loud in the parking garage it was unbelievable!

• Like 7
  • Weenie 1

The general idea on the latest ensemble runs is the primary storm track remains to our northwest through about December 3. Beyond that there are indications of low pressure development along/off the MA coast. We shouldn't expect to see guidance lock in on anything specific at this range, but over multiple runs there are hints from Dec 4 onward. With an active southern jet there should be chances. The advertised pattern looks seasonably chilly for the east, but not especially cold.

1701885600-YvOUOFIFejQ.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic