• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Some valley spots in the county made it down into the teens this morning. Today should be a great late fall day with temperatures just a little below normal for the last day of November. Saturday and Sunday look to be the only above normal temps over at least the next week. However, with the exception of Saturday (looks dry) during the day there could be showers almost anytime from Friday night through Sunday evening. Cold and dry weather returns by Monday.
Records for today: High 72 (1933) / Low 9 (1976) / Rain 2.51" (2020) / Snow 6.0" (1967)
image.png.92de62c4283aa012533f10c17b17a7ff.png
  • Like 1

My guess they are calling for 100" for you and the LSV. 
For the season or for each individual storm?

The only way I see 100" here is if the storm bombs out over Cape May and the LSV floods or if the lake remains at 60 degrees all season, doesn't freeze, and we get wave after wave of polar air firing the cannons and we lose everything from Bradford to Lockport forever.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

You need to post screenshots of that hijack

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It was on Facebook, which I kicked to the curb years ago.

If you dig around the PennLive FB, assuming it still exists, you may find it.

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/2014/02/ask_a_storm_chaser_join_us_for.html

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

It was on Facebook, which I kicked to the curb years ago.

If you dig around the PennLive FB, assuming it still exists, you may find it.

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/2014/02/ask_a_storm_chaser_join_us_for.html

i remember this. They kicked me off their FB page. 

Back from northwoods.  Great time w/ friends/family. 

Nooner GFS shows a see saw wrt temps, but with many chances thrown in, maybe we can get something to pop (like Mitch just posted regarding mid next week), as verbatim vort pass is under us all the way, and while more of a progressive look, if timed right, it has a chance.

As chatter of a warm start to Dec has been thrown around by some in other circles, its not a close the curtains look, but I hope next week can hold as ENS guidance has ridging of various proportions here in the east.

Looks warmish and hope to be wrong for first 1/2 of Dec.  if we can eek a score or 2 in, all the better.  

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Outside of the mountains, I think the numbers shown in the Mid Atlantic are inflated and a lot of that isn't actually snow (or certainly not a 10:1 ratio).

Troll elsewhere.  Verbatim this is PLENTY cold, and vort pass is south.  Worst/warmest panels shown for possible event and next panels are better thermally while precip is still in area.   Its juvenile when peeps like you get your rocks off on trolling, and add little to conversation. Noone is saying its happening, but verbatim, its got a chance as depicted. 

Show us what you see that says its not snow, or low ratio at best.....we'll wait.

gfs_T700_eus_25.png

gfs_T850_eus_25.png

• Like 2

Just now, pasnownut said:

Troll elsewhere.  Verbatim this is PLENTY cold, and vort pass is south.  Worst/warmest panels shown for possible event and next panels are better thermally while precip is still in area.   Its juvenile when peeps like you get your rocks off on trolling, and add little to conversation. Noone is saying its happening, but verbatim, its got a chance as depicted. 

Show us what you see that says its not snow, or low ratio at best.....we'll wait.

gfs_T700_eus_25.png

gfs_T850_eus_25.png

How about we wait until December 9 and see what actually happens? 

21 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Ethical question...

Is it wrong for me to wish for snow upon snow and a record breaking winter in the hope that my wife gives up and joins me in Arizona?

:D

So long as it includes DCA, BWI, and IAD...sure. 

FWIW, 12z Euro has a weaker, more progressively tilted trough for next Wednesday's storm. It's an issue south of Mason-Dixon, but north of Rt. 30 would still see something.

• Like 1