• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Radar looks great and both HRRR and 3K have it raining on and off for about 20 hours from mid-morning through early AM tomorrow.   A true soaker if it plays out.  1/2-1" totals on both for many areas of southern PA.  A balmy 66 this AM.    On the surprise factor scale, this would be like getting a 4-8" snowstorm 3 days after the forecast said today would be sunny and 60.

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Radar looks great and both HRRR and 3K have it raining on and off for about 20 hours from mid-morning through early AM tomorrow.   A true soaker if it plays out.  1/2-1" totals on both for many areas of southern PA.  A balmy 66 this AM.    On the surprise factor scale, this would be like getting a 4-8" snowstorm 3 days after the forecast said today would be sunny and 60.

We have a balmy 47 here 

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Probably the last mow of the year done this morning. #17 for the year and it wasn’t really even needed. 

Speaking of that, I dropped in #12 last though I only did about 1/2 the yard.  The only mows going forward will be leaf chopping which I do not count.   Only 12 mows over 6 months of mowing season.  Kind of crazy. 

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Sorry folks, but if you don't  do a short mow the day before the first progged snow, regardless of the month, you'll have to return to detention at Weenie High.

I think it is bad for the grass to cut too far below 2.5" so those of us struggling to grow a yard usually let it roll a bit higher.  I appreciate what you other guys do though. 

Early sun today will fade quickly behind clouds with showers arriving during the 2pm hour across much of Chester County. The latest NAM shows a general 3/4 inch of rain...other models less than a 1/2 inch. If this was winter it could be the difference between 4" of snow to 8"...in late summer we just enjoy the needed rain!
Records for today: High 93 (1898) / Low 35 (1990) / Rain 3.90" (1945)
image.png.426f66d929da56850e4c65ac9c3c4b25.png

44 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Sorry folks, but if you don't  do a short mow the day before the first progged snow, regardless of the month, you'll have to return to detention at Weenie High.

You're speaking my language! I ALWAYS mow the day before the first "real" snow each year...even if it's in the teens.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Ahh, you forget my feelings toward grass. :fulltilt:

Oh I remembered.  HaHa.  I was taking the other side and saying I am cool with your side too.  LOL.

This rain is now settling in here to a rainy Sunday.  Hard to remember the last time we had a nice, soaking rainy day.    No fretting over dBZ's and your hood, no worry about under the trees....just a good soak.

image.png.60bbf3d0799d23b8cecf7471016ed46b.png

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is already one of the best rains since last spring/winter.  Not totals as much as the soaking type.  Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

. 18" so far after a good 45 minutes of steady rain. Light stuff now but more on the way. 

It just got cloudy here very quickly. Rain us closing in...

• Like 1