• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Sadly, DuBois was not included at this time…

Frost Advisory

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
1256 PM EDT Fri Sep 15 2023

PAZ004>006-010-011-161200-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FR.Y.0012.230916T0600Z-230916T1200Z/
Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-
Including the cities of Warren, Bradford, Coudersport, St. Marys,
Ridgway, and Emporium
1256 PM EDT Fri Sep 15 2023

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Areas of frost with temperatures as low as 35 degrees.

* WHERE...Warren, McKean, Potter, Elk and Cameron Counties.

* WHEN...From 2 AM to 8 AM EDT Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Near-ground freezing temperatures could kill
  uncovered sensitive outdoor vegetation.

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

0Z Eps qpf for Sunday. 

Let's see if it can redeem for us down here.   1/2" of rain would set up my yard to go into its winter slumber with a good drink.      Even Short Pump gets in on the action. 

Leaves are starting to fall fast here.  Next two-three weeks will be peak this year. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Let's see if it can redeem for us down here.   1/2" of rain would set up my yard to go into its winter slumber with a good drink.      Even Short Pump gets in on the action. 

Leaves are starting to fall fast here.  Next two-three weeks will be peak this year. 

Wow. The only leaves that have fallen here are from the dry conditions.  I do see some color showing up on Pigeon Hills, but you have to look hard.

Eps qpf has traditionally been pretty good, at least when it's showing the lowest for snow events. :( Hopefully the "alleged" recent upgrades will be just that. We obviously have some time before winter to see.

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

6z 3k Nam loves yby.

qpf_acc-imp.us_state_de_md (1).png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Wow. The only leaves that have fallen here are from the dry conditions.  I do see some color showing up on Pigeon Hills, but you have to look hard.

Eps qpf has traditionally been pretty good, at least when it's showing the lowest for snow events. :( Hopefully the "alleged" recent upgrades will be just that. We obviously have some time before winter to see.

It started about Tuesday here...if you take a drive over to Walmart in R-Ville you will see them.  No where near peak yet but by Sept 25ish it appears it will be quite orange/red.  My yard is partially covered now in Maple Leaves.  It very well could be "pushed on" by dry conditions.    I am not overly in the know with the whys on foliage.

I think I mentioned before but I think the globals as a whole have been not good with qpf this summer.  Especially down our way.   I have had 2-3 flood watches now with just a T or nothing to show.    Understand convection is a crap shoot but the globals broad brushed way too much qpf several times.   Had you noticed the same?  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It started about Tuesday here...if you take a drive over to Walmart in R-Ville you will see them.  No where near peak yet but by Sept 25ish it appears it will be quite orange/red.  My yard is partially covered now in Maple Leaves.  It very well could be "pushed on" by dry conditions.    I am not overly in the know with the whys on foliage.

I think I mentioned before but I think the globals as a whole have been not good with qpf this summer.  Especially down our way.   I have had 2-3 flood watches now with just a T or nothing to show.    Understand convection is a crap shoot but the globals broad brushed way too much qpf several times.   Had you noticed the same?  

Absolutely.  Globals have had everything too far south and west. It really seems that the model with the least qpf has been the winner. That said, 3k Nam hasn't done bad here because it's usually been the driest, or 1 of the driest. Still too early to get excited with what it's showing, but I'll take it as encouraging for now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Absolutely.  Globals have had everything too far south and west. It really seems that the model with the least qpf has been the winner. That said, 3k Nam hasn't done bad here because it's usually been the driest, or 1 of the driest. Still too early to get excited with what it's showing, but I'll take it as encouraging for now.

A few days ago we were staring at a week plus of dry so definitely encouraging as of this AM.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

6z Euro fwiw.

Meso wise, the 12Z HRRR and 6Z Nam3K both have a better surface reflection over PA, so the qpf is really amped up vs. some previous progs that were mostly showing us getting the northern end of the southern vort.   Nothing has fallen yet but the Rgem is looking for a nice pat on the back if that happens as it was on the case 2 days ago.   Both are also starting rain by mid-morning now for the Western and Central PA areas. 

Some spots reached the 40's this AM but will rebound into the low to mid-70's. Rain chances increase by tomorrow PM into Monday AM with up to 0.50" for some spots. Then dry and close to normal weather for mid to late September for the rest of the week.
Records for today: High 91 (1991) / Low 36 (1913) / Rain 7.85" (1999)
image.png.f8baffea8842d76dcbaae607e6607c3d.png

Penn State is getting overmatched in the trenches. This does not bode well for Big Ten play. 

Also, this team is not disciplined. Leading 13-0 and driving in the 2nd quarter, a first down in the red zone is called back on a PF on Lambert-Smith. 2 plays later a blocked FG results after what could have been a TD that might have buried the Illini. 

Frustrating.

• Like 1

Weatherwise, none of the modeling has killed our chances tomorrow.  Looks like somewhere between .3"-.6" qpf conservatively. I'll disregard any model greater than .6" until there's a consensus tomorrow at 12z. 

Footballwise, I'm glad I  lost interests in sports years ago and relegate all my frustration with things out of my control to weather. :arrowhead:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Weatherwise, none of the modeling has killed our chances tomorrow.  Looks like somewhere between .3"-.6" qpf conservatively. I'll disregard any model greater than .6" until there's a consensus tomorrow at 12z. 

Footballwise, I'm glad I  lost interests in sports years ago and relegate all my frustration with things out of my control to weather. :arrowhead:

I'm not sure which of those frustrates me more. Probably sports. I used to get really worked up when snowstorms fizzled but not so much anymore.

Remind me of this post in a few months. :)

• Haha 1

I'm not sure which of those frustrates me more. Probably sports. I used to get really worked up when snowstorms fizzled but not so much anymore.
Remind me of this post in a few months.
Our difficulty with Illinois seems quite mild when placed in the perspective of what I saw out of numerous top teams today. Hell we easily covered without a backdoor

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk