• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is really sunny out today!  Hopefully the Ray's stop shining after sundown tonight.  

Would not be at all surprised to be in 2nd place come Monday morning - the Orioles have been playing ridiculous baseball...until the past week they were running 2 games behind Atlanta. Think about that for a minute...a team that went 52-110 in 2021 was playing at a level that NO one would have seen coming. The team was on pace to win 105 games. Objectively...and this is I think an honest, fair assessment...if you study our 25 man roster and match up against Atlanta, there is a HUGE gap right now. The Orioles, good as they are, talented as they are, have been playing out of their minds. The fact that they've played out of their minds for 135-140 games has been crazy. 

The O's longest losing streak this year is 4 games. That's absurd. The '83 World Champion team lost 7 games in a row twice that season! This team has been long overdue for a slump, and it's likely coming at what many would say is the worst time. (going into what likely will be the series that decides the division) The fact that they scored 2 runs total in the past 2 games against a really bad St. Louis team is troubling. I'd actually argue that I'd rather them slump now, perhaps at the cost of not winning the division, and get themselves right prior to the playoffs is better than playing .750 ball like they have been the past month. A slump was overdue an imminent...get it out of their system now and try to build some momentum thereafter. How many times across all sports do teams cruise into the playoffs only to lay an egg? The Tampa Bay Lightning did just a couple of years ago. It happens a lot...last year the Phillies upended the Braves due in part because the Fightin's got hot at just the right time. 

I'm trying not to sweat these next 4 games. This season has been a blast. It's also been a surprise...the Orioles weren't really supposed to be in this spot until next year or even 2025. They've exceeded every expectation. That reality keeps me grounded as the season winds down. Shoot, most of the upper echelon talent is still at Norfolk and Bowie! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Would not be at all surprised to be in 2nd place come Monday morning - the Orioles have been playing ridiculous baseball...until the past week they were running 2 games behind Atlanta. Think about that for a minute...a team that went 52-110 in 2021 was playing at a level that NO one would have seen coming. The team was on pace to win 105 games. Objectively...and this is I think an honest, fair assessment...if you study our 25 man roster and match up against Atlanta, there is a HUGE gap right now. The Orioles, good as they are, talented as they are, have been playing out of their minds. The fact that they've played out of their minds for 135-140 games has been crazy. 

The O's longest losing streak this year is 4 games. That's absurd. The '83 World Champion team lost 7 games in a row twice that season! This team has been long overdue for a slump, and it's likely coming at what many would say is the worst time. (going into what likely will be the series that decides the division) The fact that they scored 2 runs total in the past 2 games against a really bad St. Louis team is troubling. I'd actually argue that I'd rather them slump now, perhaps at the cost of not winning the division, and get themselves right prior to the playoffs is better than playing .750 ball like they have been the past month. A slump was overdue an imminent...get it out of their system now and try to build some momentum thereafter. How many times across all sports do teams cruise into the playoffs only to lay an egg? The Tampa Bay Lightning did just a couple of years ago. It happens a lot...last year the Phillies upended the Braves due in part because the Fightin's got hot at just the right time. 

I'm trying not to sweat these next 4 games. This season has been a blast. It's also been a surprise...the Orioles weren't really supposed to be in this spot until next year or even 2025. They've exceeded every expectation. That reality keeps me grounded as the season winds down. Shoot, most of the upper echelon talent is still at Norfolk and Bowie! 

I saw one MA poster suggest they would have breathing issues watching the games.  But I agree you are playing with house money right now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I saw one MA poster suggest they would have breathing issues watching the games.  But I agree you are playing with house money right now. 

I saw that too, and I can so relate! I used to get VERY worked up watching my teams, especially the Orioles. Not so much anymore. Having realistic expectations helps a lot. 

And yes, this season has already been a 100% win. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I saw that too, and I can so relate! I used to get VERY worked up watching my teams, especially the Orioles. Not so much anymore. Having realistic expectations helps a lot. 

And yes, this season has already been a 100% win. 

I get that way too but would probably not for this series....playoffs definitely.   There were times I had to isolate myself because I narrated the whole thing. 

• Like 1

Frost Advisory

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
105 PM EDT Thu Sep 14 2023

PAZ004>006-010-011-151200-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FR.Y.0011.230915T0600Z-230915T1200Z/
Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-
Including the cities of Warren, Bradford, Coudersport, St. Marys,
Ridgway, and Emporium

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Areas of frost with temperatures as low as 35 degrees.

* WHERE...Warren, McKean, Potter, Elk and Cameron Counties.

* WHEN...From 2 AM to 8 AM EDT Friday.

* IMPACTS...Near-ground freezing temperatures could kill
  uncovered sensitive outdoor vegetation.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take steps now to protect tender plants and vegetation from the
cold. Potted plants should be brought inside.

&&

$$
MS/JB3/BG/CE
For more information from the National Weather Service visit
http://weather.gov/ctp
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Frost Advisory

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA

PAZ004>006-010-011-151200-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FR.Y.0011.230915T0600Z-230915T1200Z/
Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-
Including the cities of Warren, Bradford, Coudersport, St. Marys,
Ridgway, and Emporium

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Areas of frost with temperatures as low as 35 degrees.

* WHERE...Warren, McKean, Potter, Elk and Cameron Counties.

* WHEN...From 2 AM to 8 AM EDT Friday.

* IMPACTS...Near-ground freezing temperatures could kill
  uncovered sensitive outdoor vegetation.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take steps now to protect tender plants and vegetation from the
cold. Potted plants should be brought inside.

&&

$$
MS/JB3/BG/CE
For more information from the National Weather Service visit
http://weather.gov/ctp

And so it begins.

#WinterIsComing

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

A neighbor got a new roof in the last 6 months.  Wow, prices are crazy. Another neighbor just got a metal roof. Wonder how much they run.

Yea, it is beyond ridiculous.   15K for 2400 SQ feet of shingles/roof.  The kicker is that it does nothing for the value of your house.  It is 15K that is gone basically.   I would never get a metal roof because it also does little to nothing for the value of your house so IMO its only real value is longevity so instead of 25 years you get 50 years.  But it costs more than twice as much.  Would have been 60K instead of 15K. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am getting a new roof today so the weather turned out perfect.  

Meso's still giving us a soaking on Sun. 

When Covid hit in 2020 and sent me home to work, we decided to replace our roof, windows, re-paved and sealed the driveway, got a new furnace, and most importantly...upgraded our central AC unit to the Carrier Turbo Blast 10000! 

Enjoy your new roof! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it is beyond ridiculous.   15K for 2400 SQ feet of shingles/roof.  The kicker is that it does nothing for the value of your house.  It is 15K that is gone basically.   I would never get a metal roof because it also does little to nothing for the value of your house so IMO its only real value is longevity so instead of 25 years you get 50 years.  But it costs more than twice as much.  Would have been 60K instead of 15K. 

Holy moly! I think I paid half of that 3 years ago. 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Holy moly! I think I paid half of that 3 years ago. 

How many sq feet of roof do you have?  2400 sq feet is a lot.  Our house is very long and is a Hip roof.    It is often not related to your house size (at least not directly).        But shingle prices are up.  

I have not asked them for a weather forecast yet.