• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Autumn 2023

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

This was in reference to total mows.  Some of us have a running mower count here for fun.....I have only mowed 12 times all year so far mostly due to long stretches of no mowing due to the drought.   I think the Trainer may be in the 30's. 

Ahh. Never counted mows, but I  know this year was thankfully low.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

This was in reference to total mows.  Some of us have a running mower count here for fun.....I have only mowed 12 times all year so far mostly due to long stretches of no mowing due to the drought.   I think the Trainer may be in the 30's. 

2 hours ago, mitchnick said:

Ahh. Never counted mows, but I  know this year was thankfully low.

Consider this the final year that you do not count mows. You're on the clock in 2024. :) And @Bubbler86loves to exaggerate...I'm only at 28 YTD. LOL! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Consider this the final year that you do not count mows. You're on the clock in 2024. :) And @Bubbler86loves to exaggerate...I'm only at 28 YTD. LOL! 

I mow 1x/week unless I  get lucky with drought conditions, which puts me at 2 weeks. The pia is that I  have about 4 different areas that hrow at different rates. But I  admit to mowing the fast growing areas and leaving the rest for the next week. Iow, anything to avoid mowing!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

I mow 1x/week unless I  get lucky with drought conditions, which puts me at 2 weeks. The pia is that I  have about 4 different areas that hrow at different rates. But I  admit to mowing the fast growing areas and leaving the rest for the next week. Iow, anything to avoid mowing!!!

It'll be interesting to see what happens this week with my yard. I have areas that seem dead for the season while other areas are quite vibrant. I've done pretty well with rain recently and I wonder how much those bad areas respond to that. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Coastal Highway will flood. The rest is to be determined! 

GFS was not much different from the Icon in driving the low into the SE and then heading North.   Slower advance north vs. 6Z which would be good for early PSU parking activities but not good for the game itself.   CMC takes the onus off the coast and tracks up through SC and the Apps. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, paweather said:

So much for tailgating:

This is a good warm up for winter in watching the different interactions and predicts between the globals.  The displacement of the blocking high on the CMC makes for very a large variance on ground truth vs. the GFS.      I have heard people comparing this to a Nor' Easter but the OP globals (CMC GFS) continue the trend toward allowing the SLP to find a weakness and get into or near the Apps. 

• Like 1

Depressing...

First, I learn that CBS has the Whiteout game and therefore, no Kirk Herbstreit, the former Suckeye QB that is now our #1 fan. 

And now the weather. Going to be a fun day and night. @sauss06- interesting call here...go early, claim good parking and get drenched, or show up later, stay drier, and get stuck in a field of sh*t?

Hmmm....

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Depressing...

First, I learn that CBS has the Whiteout game and therefore, no Kirk Herbstreit, the former Suckeye QB that is now our #1 fan. 

And now the weather. Going to be a fun day and night. @sauss06- interesting call here...go early, claim good parking and get drenched, or show up later, stay drier, and get stuck in a field of sh*t?

Hmmm....

So, not familiar here but is there an actual parking lot for people who arrive early and then everyone else is stuck doing the Burning Man thing? 

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Depressing...

Hmmm....

our "current" plan is to leave here at 8. should put us there by 10. My daughter ordered rain ponchos yesterday. I'll take a change of clothes. nothing sucks worse then driving home from State College soaked. we're in lot 11

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

our "current" plan is to leave here at 8. should put us there by 10. My daughter ordered rain ponchos yesterday. I'll take a change of clothes. nothing sucks worse then driving home from State College soaked. we're in lot 11

Sounds like a good plan.  Yeah driving wet would suck.  

Plenty of time for things to shift a bit.  Dont fret....yet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So, not familiar here but is there an actual parking lot for people who arrive early and then everyone else is stuck doing the Burning Man thing? 

People like Mount Joy Snowman get paved parking. My type park outside the Agriculture building right after it was cleaned and disposed outside. 

There is a limited amount of paved parking but the majority is in open fields/meadows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Son got married on saturday and weather was just fantastic.

Looks like a possible rainer for next weekend, but Im guessing subtle changes and maybe even further west jog is in play (looking at UL's.)

Good football weather....epsecially if a couch or bar is included :D, otherwise it may be a BROWNout.  

• Like 4

EC continues to look like the Government QPF map from earlier but much less in the way of total qpf..hangs one piece of energy off the Florida coast longer than the other globals.  That scenario lessens the effects in Happy Valley as shown.   Basically dry without the vort crashing into the MA.    In winter this run would have been a crushing blow to storm hounds.   The MJS morning predict special. 

image.thumb.png.dc6a68cb35ca120b02a4a1f4460cafed.png