Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Idalia Banter

WxSynopsisDavid

5 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Little early to be claiming victories

im fine with being wrong because that would mean a major landfall.  but ive been watching these things for decades and know what i see.  its not clean under the hood, no matter how good the cirrus canopy looks.  it could change but so far recon is bearing out that this a storm strengthening at about a climo rate and not one that is off to the races.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Brewbeer said:

ok, boomer

Weather Channel has been in the background noise here for a couple days. They had a really cool AI/Drone animation of a 6ft storm surge here in Gulfport showing our little town that floods every TS and Hurricane. Now they are doing Cedar Key with a 9ft surge!

One of my storm forecast factors is where the Weather Channel goes, the storms pass by. LOL

For Gulfport, Florida which will have some water in town by tomorrow morning, if this camera is still Live that means there is less than a foot or two in the store where the internet connection lives a half block from Boca Ciega Bay:

image.thumb.png.d3ef59c6ad7a7092cb53aa58810c229b.png

I hope we do not get more, but with high tide there will be a surge on some level. We might have a calm sunny morning with several feet of ocean in town.

8 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I can’t believe the amount of people, including some Mets, that melted down a bit at the 100mph advisory only to have it essentially Confirmed by recon an hour later.

But the dry air is coming. Didn’t you hear? It’s gonna invade the hurricane and weaken it into nothing more than a weak thunderstorm.

Just now, Prospero said:

This Blue Moon?

From a friend in England this morning:

Are you in the path of this hurricane? Just to warn you to expect it to be a big one, as it’s happening at the time of a Supermoon.

We also have Uranus stationary which tends to correlate to unexpected events involving Space or the air, so it may have a surprise. I guess that might be a sudden change of path or intensification, but could be anything, positive or negative. So keep safe and alert for this one.

Hoping it surprises everyone and turns into a damp squib and not something ginormous!