• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023 General Discussion

hardypalmguy

The model trend for this weekend into early next week is bad.  There is now unanimous agreement that blocking will win and this system will hit a brick wall over Iowa/Minnesota.  Those juiced-up Euro runs are long gone.  The GEFS and EPS qpf mean have really dried out from Cedar Rapids to Minneapolis, with nothing east of there.  2023 just keeps on giving.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The model trend for this weekend into early next week is bad.  There is now unanimous agreement that blocking will win and this system will hit a brick wall over Iowa/Minnesota.  Those juiced-up Euro runs are long gone.  The GEFS and EPS qpf mean have really dried out from Cedar Rapids to Minneapolis, with nothing east of there.  2023 just keeps on giving.

Good - I have stuff to do outside.

Last years peak fall color was the earliest in years, and was a stark difference to the late peak in 2021. I am wondering what 2023 will hold? Color continues to pop more and more by the day, and a friend posted a pic of a tree of his that he said is "14 days earlier than last year", which was already an earlier peak. If we were going to be in a below average temperature pattern I would all but guarantee a very early peak, but with warmer than avg weather looming, Id say its a crapshoot at this point (altho a late peak seems unlikely).

• Like 1

Very nice, warm day on tap with upper 70's - low 80's. 70's tomorrow , too, as we end astro summer (astro fall starts just after midnight on Sat the 23rd this year 02:50 EDT, 01:50 CDT I believe). Looking forward to more rain potential this weekend. Strong east winds may retard some of that during the day here close to the lake with cooler, dry air, and slightly higher pressures.

10 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

January will be rockin

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Last years peak fall color was the earliest in years, and was a stark difference to the late peak in 2021. I am wondering what 2023 will hold? Color continues to pop more and more by the day, and a friend posted a pic of a tree of his that he said is "14 days earlier than last year", which was already an earlier peak. If we were going to be in a below average temperature pattern I would all but guarantee a very early peak, but with warmer than avg weather looming, Id say its a crapshoot at this point (altho a late peak seems unlikely).

I like it when it is early.  I mulch the leaves (too much to do it any other way where I live).  It was great last year being done with the yard around Halloween as opposed the Thanksgiving.   Nothing worse than pulling out the mower when it's almost December.  Sorry but I can't stand it when my snow drifts have a ton of leaves in them.  Sure a few others on here feel the same way.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The drying trend from the east on the models continues.  The great lakes ridge is becoming stronger every run.

image.thumb.png.6066a412f681b9e9d7184441b2ced1f0.png

Well we would want to ruin things for you.  :whistle: :lol:

Edit:  I really hope you get some much needed rain.  I just looked at the 12Z Euro.  It shows quit a nice stretch of weather to end September. 

59 minutes ago, Lightning said:

I like it when it is early.  I mulch the leaves (too much to do it any other way where I live).  It was great last year being done with the yard around Halloween as opposed the Thanksgiving.   Nothing worse than pulling out the mower when it's almost December.  Sorry but I can't stand it when my snow drifts have a ton of leaves in them.  Sure a few others on here feel the same way.  :lol:

I agree. 

See Nov 12, 2019

FB_IMG_1695323698486.jpg

7 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Stayed in the 60s today with an all-day heavy overcast, with steady mist/very light rain.  Added up to 0.07".

Similar here... was supposed to be sunny and low 80s, but the low backed into southeast Iowa and pulled a bunch of clouds and cool air into my area.  We jumped to 76 early, but fell back.

Looks like one of the nicest stretches of weather currently and upcoming. It was warm enough for the beach today and looks like 70 n sunny for atleast the next 7 days +. Can't remember the last time we had a soaking rain. Few weeks ago? I was thinking of doing some traveling since I am off work this month but when it's nice here, it seems kinda silly to travel. It would be nice to stay warm through October. I'm all for skipping fall and cold rain into straight winter.

• Thanks 1