• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023 General Discussion

hardypalmguy

Amazing day, a relief after the drab last 3 or more weeks. I was out quite a bit and realized how I missed this gorgeous stuff - Comfy and sunny right from the start! When I woke up I felt so much better than usual and motivated. Not coincidentally, the last time I felt this peak was around the first week of July which *drumroll* was the last time we hit 30C/86F!! :lol: The correlation has no cracks.

TWN still has me at 30C/ Humidex 37 which is uncommonly higher than my station showing 29C. Ideal day to be out from dawn to dusk.

• Thanks 1

Minneapolis was able to escape triple digit heat this year. Topping out at 99 today. Brainerd clocking a 102 well north of the twin cities and the start of cabin country was eye catching.

Very steamy morning today on Michigan Ave, dews were running about 10 degrees higher then Minneapolis when we left the hotel. Great views from floor 39.

EF0FD469-EAA0-4020-AE61-64C0D88E9A24.jpeg

D7FB16F5-080D-4FC7-BAB7-D1CE186AB2C2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, hardypalmguy said:

yup i even enjoy heat waves in winter months.  nothing like walking outside to 50s and 60s and humidity.

When those days in winter happen I don’t complain at all. Always a nice reprieve from the cold especially if you catch a day where it’s not completely rained out

The level of the Mississippi in the QC is down to just 3.5ft at the lock and dam in Rock Island.  Back in May when the major flood was taking place the level peaked at over 21ft.  Tremendous difference to say the least.  

Don't see any more 90s on the immediate horizon.  MLI has 36 for the year.