Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Idalia

hlcater

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is going to be one of the worst canes in history for Georgia IMO...perhaps the worst.

I agree, going to be bad.  For sure in the top 5, especially for inland locations.  Fast, or at least brisk forward motion over rather flat/marshy terrain at landfall will blunt dramatic reduction in the wind field for a while and it will tend to spread out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Does this track  a little closer to Jacksonville?

It jogged east and the models are showing an east jog this morning. Will pass closer to Jax than thought yesterday. 
Power has been flickering this morning already in Avondale.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GaWx said:

-0Z CMC as expected in correction mode shifted vs the 12Z to the right significantly (~50 miles) to far NW Taylor County

-0Z ICON vs 18Z shifted very slightly left (~5 miles) to SE Taylor County

-0Z GFS vs 18Z shifted left 15 miles into far NW Taylor County

-0Z UKMET about same as 18Z in south central Taylor County

-0Z Euro vs 12Z shifted 20 miles right to C Taylor County

*Edited to add Euro

With a Keaton Beach landfall (south central Taylor County), the winners from the 0Z runs are the UKMET and ICON (just about perfect). The Euro was ~10 miles too far left/NW. The GFS and CMC were ~30 miles too far left/NW.

48 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is going to be one of the worst canes in history for Georgia IMO...perhaps the worst.

It likely will be THE worst in recorded history for Valdosta and nearby areas in a SW to NE corridor. Whereas it won't be the worst on record closer to the GA coast for wind, rain, or surge, it could very well end up being one of the worst on record there for winds for a storm coming up over land from the Gulf. That's why I'm concerned about what's to come here, especially ~3PM through 10PM. At a minimum, I expect to lose power for an extended period. I'm concerned about large branches and possibly whole trees coming down.

Edit: I'm also concerned about isolated tornadoes from the outer feeder bands as they come ashore.

• Like 1