Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9th - 11th significant flood event

ineedsnow

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like this afternoon was decent, the river might have even slightly dipped a bit in the consistent lower rain rates.  But you can see what happens during the heavier bursts… the water level outside just comes up through the grass lol.

It really has seemed like 1”/hr rates are about where you see things start happening.

Winds at 925 go NW later. Might get west slopes into the game. 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This area out to about WeHa ended up in Stein and I’m totally fine with that. After 5” last week. Just enough to wash in the fert I dropped . Got .65 and it never really poured hard 

Ya it was perfect here too about an inch for the grub ex and summer guard to soak in .. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like this afternoon was decent, the river might have even slightly dipped a bit in the consistent lower rain rates.  But you can see what happens during the heavier bursts… the water level outside just comes up through the grass lol.

It really has seemed like 1”/hr rates are about where you see things start happening.

I have water coming up through my floor drain in the basement.  I've lived here for 24 years and never had water in the basement,  :flood:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I have water coming up through my floor drain in the basement.  I've lived here for 24 years and never had water in the basement,  :flood:

Picked up another 1” between 3:30-5:30pm.  Radar looked like you had to pick up at least that much during that time.

• Like 1

Very lucky this end of Rt 2 down here.   Very unremarkable event.   .74" so far... It's raining moderately at the moment but it's not slated to last very long. 

If these new NAM levels are correct, tomorrow and Wed are the hottest days of the year so far.    572 hydrostats, near full sun, light west wind, and 17.5C at 850 mb...  23 at 925.. 2-meter Ts tickling the testi hairs of 34C out among metrowest towns and non-bucolic settings in general. 

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Montpelier exit on I-89 northbound closed due to flooding.  Trying to picture how it could be but that’s a big deal.

39DF3DC8-659B-4758-9224-0647E9E1DA2E.jpeg.baacf3adc827eff13117a67a56e89315.jpeg

I think the issue is just north/ west of the exit. (where the red  marker is.    There is a stream that comes down from the North.  This morning it was not that far below the northbound side.  By midday, the NB side was down to one lane due to damage.  They close at the exit to offload.  But RTE 2 in that area has also been closed at times today.

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Very lucky this end of Rt 2 down here.   Very unremarkable event.   .74" so far... It's raining moderately at the moment but it's not slated to last very long. 

If these new NAM levels are correct, tomorrow and Wed are the hottest days of the year so far.    572 hydrostats, near full sun, light west wind, and 17.5C at 850 mb...  23 at 925.. 2-meter Ts tickling the testi hairs of 34C out among metrowest towns and non-bucolic settings in general. 

With dews 65-69.. will feel super swamp