Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Banter 2023

George BM

1 minute ago, wxdude64 said:

So, finally had a +90 day yesterday, 90.4 for the high. Then a BIG storm rolled thru, only a 46 mph gust here, but just down the roll about a mile they had 60-70 mph and several trees broken off/snapped. 

That's what we experienced too.  Was in Belair with verified severe gusts (>60mph) yet a few miles west highest gust was just shy of 40mph.  The lightning and rain sure didn't disappoint, however.

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

@wxdude64 ninja'd me but yeah...good luck and please try not to catch any balls with your face again, m'kay?  :D 

Won the first, lost the second against #2 team. Did not take one to the face. But did take one to the shin and boy is it swollen hahaha. Drinks all day now 

• Like 3

With the demotion of Tyler Wells to double-A to get rest/controlled work, it seems the Os intend to pick up a veteran starter before the deadline. Wells seemingly hit a bit of a wall and the same might happen with the other young starters. Reports are linking the Orioles to Mike Lorenzen. Probably a decent pickup of they can pull it off, but he is sort of having a career year and the prior 8 seasons pitched 100 innings or less. Not ideal given the state of the current rotation.

The Cardinals are selling and Montgomery would be a better fit. More durable, innings eater, and having a good season.

58 minutes ago, CAPE said:

With the demotion of Tyler Wells to double-A to get rest/controlled work, it seems the Os intend to pick up a veteran starter before the deadline. Wells seemingly hit a bit of a wall and the same might happen with the other young starters. Reports are linking the Orioles to Mike Lorenzen. Probably a decent pickup of they can pull it off, but he is sort of having a career year and the prior 8 seasons pitched 100 innings or less. Not ideal given the state of the current rotation.

The Cardinals are selling and Montgomery would be a better fit. More durable, innings eater, and having a good season.

Montgomery went to the Rangers last evening I believe...

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Montgomery went to the Rangers last evening I believe...

Yep, just saw that. He would have been a nice addition. I hope the Os don't go bargain basement. They have the prospects to make a significant addition or 2 to put them in a good position for a postseason run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Yep, just saw that. He would have been a nice addition. I hope the Os don't go bargain basement. They have the prospects to make a significant addition or 2 to put them in a good position for a postseason run.

I agree with you 100% regarding starters hitting a wall - Kremer was given a huge cushion last night and couldn't make it through the 5th. I'm also concerned about starting pitching - and that also taxes the bullpen. If Fujinami pitches like he did last night, that would be huge heading down the stretch. 

Maue hates climate attribution studies but has no problem doing his own versions without any work behind it when it fits his agenda :rolleyes:

HT-HH probably will cause a slight warming bump this year and in the next few years. The earlier papers…which seem notably uncited by these tweets…suggested another 0.1-0.2F or so IIRC.

anyone have a link to a simple mid atlantic wx radar animation, a gif or png?

weather underground's radar had fit the bill, but it's been broken all of July, showing content that's 1 to 36 hours out of date, which isn't exactly helpful for tracking local severe

1 hour ago, LongRanger said:

anyone have a link to a simple mid atlantic wx radar animation, a gif or png?

weather underground's radar had fit the bill, but it's been broken all of July, showing content that's 1 to 36 hours out of date, which isn't exactly helpful for tracking local severe

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=LWX-N0Q-1-24-100-usa-rad

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Having a glass of wine and getting things sorted for blast off tomorrow. HH will be in the airport/continue on the plane with a 630 departure. Then 2 weeks of drinking in English pubs and local breweries. Love the vibe over there.

Enjoy the trip! I’m currently in Indiana Dunes National Park. Heading out to Grasslands, Banff, and Jasper in Canada, and finishing up in Glacier. Three week road trip!

Currently sipping a barrel aged imperial stout. The bottom one if my downsizing doesn’t destroy the quality. Yum!

image.jpeg.4c240fe5f6adcad7dff511ff4163a385.jpeg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Enjoy the trip! I’m currently in Indiana Dunes National Park. Heading out to Grasslands, Banff, and Jasper in Canada, and finishing up in Glacier. Three week road trip!

Currently sipping a barrel aged imperial stout. The bottom one if my downsizing doesn’t destroy the quality. Yum!

image.jpeg.4c240fe5f6adcad7dff511ff4163a385.jpeg

Awesome. Have a great time! I'm jelly of that beer you are drinking there.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic