• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
6/29-7/1 Severe Weather Threat

sbnwx85

That rear inflow jet -- sheesh. Looks to be outrunning the reservoir of readily available instability though. Only the southern fringe is likely to survive into the evening hours.

Given the strength of the RIJ, cold pool and advection aloft, might see some induced isentropic lift atop the "dome" and get some additional elevated thunderstorm activity to fire in its wake.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Chambana said:

They did. Significant tree damage in tolono and savoy. I live in savoy. Traffic being redirected. No power for 2 hours now. Buddy had a tree fall on his house with wife and kids inside. 

Jesus…. I hope they are all okay that’s not good at all

14 minutes ago, Chambana said:

They are fine. Thanks for asking. Large hole in the roof. 

I’ve been doing storm work here in Dearborn and Detroit and have seen smashed garages and part of homes with downed lines all week. It breaks my heart to hear that but I’m in joy that they are okay and the people affected by the storms up here

Got hit pretty hard here, have extensive wind damage across the city. More than half the people are without power in Springfield, been without power for over 5 hours now and no estimate on when power will be restored.

Hit here About 12:20pm, power went out just after the tornado warning was issued. Had a pretty good couplet that formed just east of New Berlin and then took a SE turn going slightly north of Chatham, stayed faitly strong on velocity scans going between Edinburg and Kincaid. Won't be surprised to see a few touchdowns confirmed if not a path. A lot of trees snapped half way up and significant damage to homes, but none leveled, in the Curran area.

Seen quite a few large limbs and trees snapped on the drive home, had a large tree snapped and on a couple cars on Peoria road across from State Fairgrounds, but those trees are a bit sketchy due to the way the power company trims them around the lines.

Best and worst storm, depends on how you view weather, to hit here in quite some time, i would say the most widespread damage since the 2006 March 12 tornados. 

Number without power has actually increased a few thousand since 3pm, was at 44% then.

Screenshot_20230629_173113_Chrome.jpg.11861bde538f5d8a9eee404abace20d0.jpg

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, csnavywx said:

That rear inflow jet -- sheesh. Looks to be outrunning the reservoir of readily available instability though. Only the southern fringe is likely to survive into the evening hours.

Given the strength of the RIJ, cold pool and advection aloft, might see some induced isentropic lift atop the "dome" and get some additional elevated thunderstorm activity to fire in its wake.

Rapid decay of the derecho as it pushed through the IND/LMK/PAH CWA's. The heavily modified air from the morning MCS in E. IL/SW. IN/W. KY killed it off fairly quickly.

Looks like renewed development is underway across SE. Illinois, with quality still TBD. A staple off high end MCS events, thought.

16 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

I'm trying to extend the dates for this thread since there's slight risk across much of the forum on 6/30 and 7/1...but not sure how to do it. Can an admin update?

You can edit the thread title by editing your first post in the thread.

• Thanks 1

• sbnwx85 changed the title to 6/29-7/1 Severe Weather Threat