Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

3 hours ago, wx2fish said:

I'd have to go tally them up but I feel like inland we've had several 40+ diurnals over the past 3 months. It's been a pretty solid rad stretch 

BML had a 75° rise in 24hrs one day in 95 or 96. I’d have to regenerate the image. I think it was -18 to 57. Rad cooling followed by warm sector later in the period. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

6z Euro had slightly better temps from Kev north to here and points west this weekend.  Still crap but maybe 60s instead of upper 40s to mid-50s.

Had a suspicion models would start going back the other way. Instead of a rainy cold weekend. Trending towards dryer with sunny breaks and 60’s instead of rains and 40’s

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Had a suspicion models would start going back the other way. Instead of a rainy cold weekend. Trending towards dryer with sunny breaks and 60’s instead of rains and 40’s

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Were you around for the 1995 supercell event in CT ?   I'm pretty sure you were like 2 years old ...haha. 

anyway, that developed along a BD.   Other than that though ...I've lived through hundreds of BDs of all different varietals over the decades since moving to this region of the country, and maybe 3 of them had actual thunderstorms upon their initial advance through the region.

Usually ... the convection happens two days later ...when the boundary is sort of still in the area as a frontalysis ... offering a weak trigger.  You get those yellowy w-n horizon mountain top towers ... visible to eastern zones as the morning fog/strata is breaking ... 11am or so.  Then later anvils and thunder is heard. 

I don't know ... is there's something discretely obvious about this scenario in the models that makes it unique?  Otherwise, I'd be willing to correct the whole scenario a little little ham-fisted in the general synopsis ...which opens the door to like what Scott was mentioning about selling on the QPF ... or even just a standard run-o-the-mill boring correction ...sparing the region from enjoying summer.

I was around haha...I was 6 that summer. 

I'm not sure if I have a memory of that day or not. I remember 5/29/95 (I was at my sisters in West Hartford and the news was talking about it) and 7/15/95 (I woke up around 6 AM b/c I wasn't feeling well so I turned on TWC, but there was no weather and when my mom woke up I asked her...turned out the stations had been changed and when she found TWC the first thing I saw was the massive derecho on radar), but I am not sure about that June event (was it the 26th?). I have a memory of one time watching the local news and them talking about this big storm but I don't know if it was that day or another time.