Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like FVE, MWN, and HIE are the only reporting stations in all of New England with a dew under 65F.

Edit: Whoops, what’s the spot SE of PWM over the water?

BFDCC10B-DCA4-49D4-A202-CF12261CDF83.gif.fca3497207e2ec31c26d1ef8f549a370.gif

Can you imagine being N of the border up there in interior eastern QUE ?  

One sees DPs around 53 or whatever and might think ahhh, but temp might not matter under that extraordinary smoke slab - jesus.  I mean to completely obscure from seeing the surface of the Earth through that giant region on vis sat, whence the solstice sun cannot even penetrate, goes in both directions - which means they probably don't even have the dim orb looking up from the ground.  The day light's probably dimmed down to apocalypse eeriness.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

.65" yesterday.  Meanwhile the wildfires are brutal in Quebec.  The smoke is just now crossing into extreme NNE.  Wonder how far south it makes it with the BD cold front?  If it does make it to me in CNE and we have some afternoon T storms it is going to be pretty dark.

smoke.jpg

I'm up in Pittsburg. Heavy heavy smoke today

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

.65" yesterday.  Meanwhile the wildfires are brutal in Quebec.  The smoke is just now crossing into extreme NNE.  Wonder how far south it makes it with the BD cold front?  If it does make it to me in CNE and we have some afternoon T storms it is going to be pretty dark.

smoke.jpg

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BTV&issuedby=BTV&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

As of 1045 AM EDT Sunday...As indicated in the last AFD, we
have now seen wildfire smoke seep southward into northern New
York and northern Vermont on light northerly winds. So as fog
lifted and low clouds dissipated, skies have remained overcast
consistent with hazy conditions. The lower visibilities
associated with near surface smoke are filling in as well,
evident in area webcams at places such as Alburgh and
Plattsburgh.
 Rainfall isn`t expected to be as
widespread today given the best forcing will remain south of the
forecast area in the form of a decaying upper level low across
Pennsylvania. This tiny feature will have quite an interesting
impact of us today as it should allow for some scattered showers
and thunderstorms across the southern half of Vermont while
also ushering in smoke from Canadian wildfires across northern
Vermont and northern New York this afternoon.

The location of the decaying low to our south will switch our
surface winds to the north across northern Vermont and northern New
York this afternoon. Taking a look at air quality sensors across
Canada, there are high concentrations of the PM 2.5 which will
advect into the region this afternoon under these northerly winds.
We have been in contact with state partners and will likely be
issuing an air quality alert for northern counties.

• Like 1

Brilliant sunshine and a spectacular day on Friday, mid 80s under cobalt blue skies. Last for a while it appears. Today we're getting more sun than I expected so that's a nice respite. Looking forward it looks terrible through the end of the workweek.

Yesterday was very muggy in the western ME area. I haven't felt this level of humidity around here since that mini tornado outbreak 5 or 6 summers ago. I've noticed in the past 15 years or so that it seems more exceedingly difficult to get this type of true tropical airmass up here during the summer, and even when they do manage to arrive they're shorter lived. Even now with this deep southerly flow at all levels, it seems a backdoor is finding a way to intrude for a few days beginning tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

One sees DPs around 53 or whatever and might think ahhh, but temp might not matter under that extraordinary smoke slab - jesus.  I mean to completely obscure from seeing the surface of the Earth through that giant region on vis sat, whence the solstice sun cannot even penetrate, goes in both directions - which means they probably don't even have the dim orb looking up from the ground.  The day light's probably dimmed down to apocalypse eeriness.   

I am actually headed up to Quebec later today and will be there a few days. It's looking like I'll begin running into the smoke around the Newry area and points north. I think it might be pushing into the remainder of the state later tonight judging on the satellite trends. It seems the southern QC area will be avoiding most of the murk that's forecast for ME most of the coming week, but I don't see the smoke going anywhere.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

Brilliant sunshine and a spectacular day on Friday, mid 80s under cobalt blue skies. Last for a while it appears. Today we're getting more sun than I expected so that's a nice respite. Looking forward it looks terrible through the end of the workweek.

Yesterday was very muggy in the western ME area. I haven't felt this level of humidity around here since that mini tornado outbreak 5 or 6 summers ago. I've noticed in the past 15 years or so that it seems more exceedingly difficult to get this type of true tropical airmass up here during the summer, and even when they do manage to arrive they're shorter lived. Even now with this deep southerly flow at all levels, it seems a backdoor is finding a way to intrude for a few days beginning tomorrow.

I am actually headed up to Quebec later today and will be there a few days. It's looking like I'll begin running into the smoke around the Newry area and points north. I think it might be pushing into the remainder of the state later tonight judging on the satellite trends. It seems the southern QC area will be avoiding most of the murk that's forecast for ME most of the coming week, but I don't see the smoke going anywhere.

Screenshot_20230625_123339_Chrome.jpg

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The smoke is really bad up here. Can smell it.  Mansfield is very hazy even right from the base.

I have no idea how MVL is 10 mile vis.

46ED388D-B609-4DD8-8F84-0CB4499527EC.gif.cfe897f719a5e595a9e8d2b71120a07c.gif

I'm right on the First CT Lake and it's been getting worse. Probably around 3SM now. Starting to get tough to see across the lake. 

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That sounds cool...

• Like 1