Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m honestly wondering if I will never see a cane hit directly here before my time on Earth is up. I’m 50. Father Time is undefeated . I am legit starting to worry . Congrats to those that willed and wished this one away I guess. 

It was that dude from South Weymouth. He ruined everything.

• Haha 4

Lee looks like crap. No banding outside tight inner core (dry air ingested). Maybe this thing can weaken more than anticipated tonite and see if that adds a wildcard . Did recon actually find winds near 130 knots recently? It looked good around noon but it’s a small size storm still , maybe more prone to disruption (intensity wise)

• Like 1

I’m honestly wondering if I will never see a cane hit directly here before my time on Earth is up. I’m 50. Father Time is undefeated . I am legit starting to worry . Congrats to those that willed and wished this one away I guess. 
I feel the same way. I'm 49. I still have vivid memories of Gloria and Bob though. Toured the Mount Washington Observatory 2 days before Bob hit and the Met there was almost certain Bob would miss us. Left North Conway 6 AM to almost beat the storm, but we still got slammed with torrential rains heading into Mass.

I still say it ain't over till it's over. Stranger things have happened with tropical systems, but I get it that it seems to take an act of God to get a full fledged cane up here.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CTSkywarn said:

I feel the same way. I'm 49. I still have vivid memories of Gloria and Bob though. Toured the Mount Washington Observatory 2 days before Bob hit and the Met there was almost certain Bob would miss us. Left North Conway 6 AM to almost beat the storm, but we still got slammed with torrential rains heading into Mass.

I still say it ain't over till it's over. Stranger things have happened with tropical systems, but I get it that it seems to take an act of God to get a full fledged cane up here.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

I so wish I was alive in 38 and 54 . Those were absolute dreams . The stuff that completes a life, bucket lists etc. The stories my wife’s parents told me when they were still alive about their experiences storms was absolutely thrilling and exhilarating. I’m not even being greedy.. I will accept a strong cat 1 or weak 2 up the CTRV.. The tropical storms we’ve had recently were nice and fun.. but we need to experience 75-80+ gusts . I’ll keep tracking and waiting and hoping . No other choice unfortunately 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Margot is also taking a beating , wouldn’t be surprised if that doesn’t amount to much (it could ) but NHC certainly has low confidence in its Margot intensity forecast 

NAVGEM was the only model I see that doesnt bring Margot into the central Atlantic   I guess we can hope she stays away