• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

30 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Looks like 63/46 on yesterday's climo report for 5/2 

I am talking about 5/1, says 64. That's BN? 

[TEMPERATURE DATA]      [PRECIPITATION DATA]       SYMBOLS USED IN COLUMN 16    

AVERAGE MONTHLY: 55.3   TOTAL FOR MONTH:   0.21    1 = FOG OR MIST              
DPTR FM NORMAL:   1.3   DPTR FM NORMAL:   -0.01    2 = FOG REDUCING VISIBILITY  
HIGHEST:    64 ON  1    GRTST 24HR  1.11 ON 30- 1      TO 1/4 MILE OR LESS      
LOWEST:     47 ON  2                               3 = THUNDER                  

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It actually did exactly that. Instead of 30’s/40’s and rains and wet snows that some Mets and circles had on here ..it was was 50’s/ low 60’s with one bad day yesterday that at least had thunderstorms and hail. 

I get it. Prepare for the absolute worst outcomes and then anything else seems ok. If expecting 38F and rain, 54F and rain is a beach day.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I get it. Prepare for the absolute worst outcomes and then anything else seems ok. If expecting 38F and rain, 54F and rain is a beach day.

I mean no one was expecting low- mid 70’s and full sun like what’s coming Saturday - all of next week.. but those thinking cold rains all days and wet snow mixes bought the models and that’s just too bad. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean no one was expecting low- mid 70’s and full sun like what’s coming Saturday - all of next week.. but those thinking cold rains all days and wet snow mixes bought the models and that’s just too bad. 

I mean what you just wrote is what I feel many saw, it’s been raining for days, snow mixing in at the hilltops… it’s still raining right now at 48F here.  Be glad not here if you had a nice week so far.

We always applaud the DIT ability to find a way to wiggle goalposts to avoid the a L lol. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Our so called 70+ day. Warmth failed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I was referencing the avg high/low for 5/2, but yeah 64 should be slightly AN on the high for BOS. 

It's not even subjectively debatable...

It's ben 5 to 7 days of crud - period. 

Now..tomorrow we nadir.  Than, Friday... modest improvement. 

Saturday flushes out the last of the cool pool as it hangs over the region at 12z that morning, but soars during the day to + 5 ...7 C , on a d-slope deep layer trajectory and zip ceiling level RH ( which is code for big sun), and that day mid afternoon will be like stepping through a portal to another universe compared to this cold rain and elevation wet snow we have been actually measuring in real data over the last week...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1