• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2023

Whew what a weekend.  I built a firepit on Saturday and I'm sore as a whore from carrying all the stones and kneeling so much, which speaks to two things: (1) how old I'm getting and (2) how out of shape I am.  Pathetic ha.  But the pit looks great!  Then had a wedding yesterday afternoon and despite being in a full suit in full sun it wasn't all that bad, with the humidity being what it is and a solid breeze going the whole time.  Looks like another beautiful but dry week ahead.  Goes without saying but could really really use some rain at this point -- sitting at .37" for the month.  I will say, I'm almost rooting for MDT to break the record at this point.  Should be fun to track.  Have a great week everyone.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Whew what a weekend.  I built a firepit on Saturday and I'm sore as a whore from carrying all the stones and kneeling so much, which speaks to two things: (1) how old I'm getting and (2) how out of shape I am.  Pathetic ha.  But the pit looks great!  Then had a wedding yesterday afternoon and despite being in a full suit in full sun it wasn't all that bad, with the humidity being what it is and a solid breeze going the whole time.  Looks like another beautiful but dry week ahead.  Goes without saying but could really really use some rain at this point -- sitting at .37" for the month.  I will say, I'm almost rooting for MDT to break the record at this point.  Should be fun to track.  Have a great week everyone.

I agree about the record and almost hope it rains everywhere we need it but not at the airport.  Keep the grass alive and get the record.   I believe you are one of the youngest posters here.  LOL.    I never really understood the phrase "sore as a whore" but it all makes sense now, whore is euphemism for someone who works in bricks, pavers, etc...basically spend all day laying other stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I agree about the record and almost hope it rains everywhere we need it but not at the airport.  Keep the grass alive and get the record.   I believe you are one of the youngest posters here.  LOL.    I never really understood the phrase "sore as a whore" but it all makes sense now, whore is euphemism for someone who works in bricks, pavers, etc...basically spend all day laying other stuff. 

Whores spend all day laying stuff too, don't discriminate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Youngest??  I wasn't aware 41 qualified for that haha.  In fact, I thought I was part of that group that was being haggled by the youngsters a few weeks back for being old heads.  I could be wrong.  I by no means think 41 is old but I also know I don't feel like I did at 20 or 30 or even last week ha.  Totally agree about MDT, would love to see a bubble over it with a good soaking everywhere lese.  Yes, you have the right of it with the whore stuff haha

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Youngest??  I wasn't aware 41 qualified for that haha.  In fact, I thought I was part of that group that was being haggled by the youngsters a few weeks back for being old heads.  I could be wrong.  I by no means think 41 is old but I also know I don't feel like I did at 20 or 30 or even last week ha.  Totally agree about MDT, would love to see a bubble over it with a good soaking everywhere lese.  Yes, you have the right of it with the whore stuff haha

I was thinking you were 30's so not sure if 41 is on the younger side or not, I withdraw my thought :-). 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I'm 60. I'll still give the youngins a run for their money :pimp:

• Like 2

All aboard the San Diego Skyfari:

San Diego Zoo – Zoo Review | Condé Nast Traveler

I'll write up a trip review in the coming weeks after we're home. Before that, I'll try and respond to questions and comments that have been posted already or will be. I'm reading them but trying to not to get too invested on here for now. We've now been gone for 16 days and will be returning home on Sunday if all goes well. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

All aboard the San Diego Skyfari:

San Diego Zoo – Zoo Review | Condé Nast Traveler

I'll write up a trip review in the coming weeks after we're home. Before that, I'll try and respond to questions and comments that have been posted already or will be. I'm reading them but trying to not to get too invested on here for now. We've now been gone for 16 days and will be returning home on Sunday if all goes well. 

If 40, 33 and 30 come in the next Powerball, I will be freaked out. 

Where was your wedding yesterday afternoon?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

.CLIMATE...
-- Changed Discussion --

Monthly rainfall totals are below to well normal across central PA particularly over the middle and lower Susquehanna Valley. Current monthly total rainfall through 5/22 at Harrisburg (0.19"/-2.53") and Williamsport (0.44"/-2.31") would rank as the driest May on record. Mounting rainfall deficits and potential drought concerns will need to be monitored heading into June and Summer 2023.

• Like 1