• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am over 800 feet and would guess I have had forty plus 90-degree days over the last 4 years alone.   Last year was slow though.   I racked up the totals the 3 years prior Elevation does not always win.  LOL. 

HI Bubble if you do record daily stats I would be very interested to see how you compare to my area here in Chesco - thanks!
Paul

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Good stuff.  It's amazing what a little elevation and lack of UHI can do. 

It does make a difference but supposedly NOAA adjusts for the UHI problem at PHL  See the below stats of 90+ days across all of the NWS Coop spots in Chester County compared to PHL. You can clearly see in reality the number of 90 degrees is declining in the burbs while at the PHL airport they are off to the races. Sad that PHL is viewed as a major climate site with such UHI bias. But don't worry NOAA has taken this into account...

image.png.d77099accf5eb15fa0b98e96968cdb6e.png

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:

HI Bubble if you do record daily stats I would be very interested to see how you compare to my area here in Chesco - thanks!
Paul

Hey, I do not record daily stats but up until last year we had no issue getting over 90 quite often the previous 3 years I was here.  My closest NWS station is HGR and they are quite high as well....700' I think.   

36 minutes ago, canderson said:

Can you pull MDT data? Just curious. 2020 was crazy hot but since it was peak covid I really don't remember it. 

I did above.  @canderson(Edit, well I thought I did but had not so here it is)   I cannot imagine ever going a summer in most of Eastern PA cities without getting dozens of 90's. 

image.png.27397b01597333017ec0ab67e3697ca3.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here are some other graphs....Williamsport has reached ninety 110 times in the last 5 years.  Lancaster had 146. 

It's like a different climate here in Chester County in the last 5 years - most spots almost half as many 90+ days. Maybe the thermometers are too close to the runways??

East Nantmeal (15) / KMQS Coatesville (58) KPTW Pottstown (51) and Glenmoore (88)