• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

59 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

39.0 was my low this morning. Just seems to cold for this time of year. I want to plant some sweet corn, but I'm not to sure about it sprouting. The soil temp needs to be 50 or above to grow. I'm kind of hesitant on planting. But if we have a stretch of warmth coming up between today till the next 10 days then it could be plausible to plant.

39 is 11 BN with MDT's numbers.   Depends which suite of models you believe but if the GFS is close to right, it has been advertising about 1/2 of the next 15 nights being in the 40's for you.  No freezes...soil temp would probably exceed 50 though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

Voyager took the winter away from us, now he's robbing us of the warmth also.

Outside of our run to 100 last week, we've still been generally normal to slightly below, so you can't blame spring on me...lol

• Haha 2

Today starts out sunny but with clouds on the increase we could see some showers by late this evening. Warmer today with our first day over 70 degrees since back on April 22nd.
We slip back below normal temps for mid-week but then warm well into the 70's by next weekend.
Records for today: High 93 (1930) / Low 28 (1974) / Rain 2.74" (1908)
image.png.6e1d0c28237cb4e3453182243f5b1550.png

Just started raining here...very light.  68.  May not even make 70 here today.   CMC and Euro just caved to the Americans and Germans for Tue.   Midnight high around 60 and low 50's just past lunch. 
It's suppose be 74 tomorrow afternoon

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My comment was for Tue. Looks like MDT is going to have their 15th consecutive BN day today so tomorrow is the chance to break it. 
image.png.dfada3b40bf6566950a182e7b5e7cf4c.png

So that warm front is going to sit just south of us and give us clouds and showers for a few days?

41 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

So that warm front is going to sit just south of us and give us clouds and showers for a few days?

The GFS depiction is not super warm the next few days after that easterly induced BN day Tue.  Probably get into the low to mid 70's each day but that is close to Norm.  72 is norm for Thursday.    Then the GFS drops the bottom out of the temps Monday the 15th.   Other depictions are warmer later next week with the CMC showing 80's on Thur and Fri. 

Today should be a nice day with low humidity and temps in the low to mid 70's. A chance of a couple showers tomorrow and much cooler with temps staying in the 50's with a NE wind off the still chilly ocean waters. We start to warm up again by the end of the week with temps in the upper 70's by Friday.
Records for today: High 91 (2000) / Low 30 (1974) / Rain 2.90" (1992)
image.png.f6896857f6a99c3f86969a19b0c018b1.png

Just a splendid weekend.  Saturday was perfect for our three year old's birthday party.  The mojitos and mint juleps were flowing like water -- for the adults, not the three year olds ha.  Just a pinch of rain over here yesterday, not enough to even wet the ground.  Outside of tomorrow, it looks like a great week ahead.  National high/low of 105/11 at Rio Grande Village, TX and Peter Sinks, UT, respectively.  Onward.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Take that Bean boys!   Philly almost choked though, 

Embiid couldn't play in the 4th or OT he looked exhausted and out of shape. Trust the process? The whole team fell flat and should have lost the game. I would rather have a miracle  now to win the series then trust the process. LOL.

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service State College PA
1123 AM EDT Mon May 8 2023

PAZ024>028-033>036-056-063-064-091530-
Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Somerset-Bedford-Fulton-
Franklin-Perry-Cumberland-Adams-
1123 AM EDT Mon May 8 2023

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...This afternoon and tonight.

An area of thunderstorms will move southeast across the
region very late tonight through the mid morning hours Tuesday.

Locally heavy rain of over one inch in less than an hour and
frequent lightning is possible with these storms.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Tuesday through Sunday.

The probability for widespread hazardous weather is low.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

$$
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I sweat this am the forecast high tmrw was in the mid 50s? It’s now 67, low of only 46. 

More zone failures.  From their AFD.  High today at MDT was 75 or 76 so 55 or 56 if you take away 20 (probably higher at midnight though) 

Max temps for Tuesday will be a solid 10 to 15F lower than today
and in some places across the central and south - up to 20 deg
F cooler.

Edit @canderson some of the latest meso's have a later afternoon spike in temps tomorrow.  Hrrr and Rgem have MDT in the 70's.  Nam has a late spike too. 

• Like 1