• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

A little cooler with clouds and maybe a light shower especially over southern Chester County today. Sun returns tomorrow through Friday and we warm from near 70 degrees tomorrow to near 80 on Friday. Some showers are possible over the weekend and temps near normal near 70 degrees.
Records for today: High 93 (1896) / Low 25 (1947) / Rain 1.34" (1923)
image.png.0947df4402088fec32fd6e91a078a877.png

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

One spotter south of Mechanicsburg reporting about 1/4".  Lighter amounts outside the cells though. Only a road wetter here so far.   Central York county getting pounded on radar right now.   The temps near 50 being forecast just about 24 hours certainly did not materilize. 

Harrisburg is drier then a popcorn fart

• Haha 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

MU is reporting rain but I doubt it adds up to much. 

I haven't found anything over .01" yet and the vast majority are just zero.  Even those heavier looking radar returns over York haven't seemed to add up to much of anything on the ground.  Crazy to think we have a chance of actually having a near-normal day today temp-wise, never saw that coming.

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I haven't found anything over .01" yet and the vast majority are just zero.  Even those heavier looking radar returns over York haven't seemed to add up to much of anything on the ground.  Crazy to think we have a chance of actually having a near-normal day today temp-wise, never saw that coming.

The high may be over normal if the sun really cranks it up.  Still pouring here.  Nice little event for the grass.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was not going to be the first to say it (and I am getting a decent soaker today...at least grass wise) but yes, it goes a week or two with no rain and it gets dry fast. 

I remember the guy from the original Weather World saying we should have at least an inch of rain every week during the growing season.

6 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I remember the guy from the original Weather World saying we should have at least an inch of rain every week during the growing season.

Definitely better than getting 3" one week and little for 2-3 weeks.   I am sure someone has decent stats, but we lose a large amount of the 3" deluge to runoff vs. 1" on 3 different days.  The plants especially need the rain spread out. 

• Like 1

Greetings! A very quick hello from Laramie, Wyoming as we continue our journey west. I told my wife that I would unplug from the real world on this once in a lifetime trip so I'm going to sort of honor that...she's in the shower right now so I wanted to say hello and tell you that it is absolutely stunning out here. No snow on the ground here but it's gorgeous! We'll be arriving in CA later this week and we'll be on the Mammoth Lakes gondola on Monday. Just talked to my son and he said not a drop of rain at home since we left Saturday morning. Figures. LOL

I'll try and sneak a few more updates in the next couple of weeks. 

https://www.visitlaramie.org/plan-your-visit/webcams/downtown-laramie/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Greetings! A very quick hello from Laramie, Wyoming as we continue our journey west. I told my wife that I would unplug from the real world on this once in a lifetime trip so I'm going to sort of honor that...she's in the shower right now so I wanted to say hello and tell you that it is absolutely stunning out here. No snow on the ground here but it's gorgeous! We'll be arriving in CA later this week and we'll be on the Mammoth Lakes gondola on Monday. Just talked to my son and he said not a drop of rain at home since we left Saturday morning. Figures. LOL

have a great time Mike. 

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Have Fun, Mike. 

37 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Why aren’t you with her??? Oh wait an Amtrak shower is barley big enough for a left leg lol 

Frost on the other side of the Pillow tonight @mahantango#1?  Advisories up for parts of this sub.

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
1216 PM EDT Tue May 9 2023

PAZ004-010>012-017>019-024-033-041-045-101200-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FR.Y.0006.230510T0600Z-230510T1200Z/
Warren-Elk-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Clearfield-Northern Centre-
Southern Centre-Cambria-Somerset-Northern Lycoming-
Southern Clinton-
Including the cities of Warren, St. Marys, Ridgway, Emporium,
Renovo, DuBois, Clearfield, Philipsburg, State College,
Johnstown, Somerset, Trout Run, and Lock Haven
1216 PM EDT Tue May 9 2023

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Temperatures as low as 34 will result in frost
  formation.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From 2 AM to 8 AM EDT Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Near-ground freezing temperatures could kill
  uncovered sensitive outdoor vegetation.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take steps now to protect tender plants and vegetation from the
cold. Potted plants should be brought inside.

The latest forecast information can be found on the
NWS State College Facebook page and Twitter @NWSStateCollege,
or on the web at weather.gov/ctp.

&&

$$

For more information from the National Weather Service visit
http://weather.gov/ctp

We only average over 4" of rain in July and September. March through june we average 0.72" a week.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk