• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

9 hours ago, canderson said:

MDT recored .12” rain today - double what I got but less than half of what Camp Hill received. 

They sit at a nearly 1.5" deficit so far this month.   Next up is Tue.  Looks promising for wet a lot of areas south.   Want to keep the Paweather 540 line out of PA to allow for the front to straddle a bit farther north vs. the RGEM look though. 

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They sit at a nearly 1.5" deficit so far this month.   Next up is Tue.  Looks promising for wet a lot of areas south.   Want to keep the Paweather 540 line out of PA to allow for the front to straddle a bit farther north vs. the RGEM look though. 

Funny this is my forecast for Tuesday 

Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. West wind 5 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Funny this is my forecast for Tuesday 

Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. West wind 5 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

The only model that does not show rain in the LSV is the Canadian.   Even Dr. No says yes though lighter than some of the other more siggy looks.    Icon is close to being dry but certainly not Mostly Sunny.  

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's out there today!! Well not much rain across Northern Chester County yesterday and not that much more...up to 0.10" across southern sections. So we continue to be running over 4" of rain below normal so far here in 2023.
More dry weather for the work week with temps rising to above normal by Tuesday before falling below normal by Wednesday through Friday. Next rain chance looks to be on Friday.
Records for today: High 92 (1900) / Low 30 (1996) / Rain 1.06" (1978)
image.png.257ff7e0c8da5e03c2404dae2060d9bd.png

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

I think it might be 2009 for summer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Both April and May 2020 were between 3 and 4 degrees BN.  Jan 2022 was -2.7 as a close one as well.  Would be something to have 3 months of 3-5 BN in a row.  Not something that is common for AN or BN.   The Summer of 2009 had 3 months BN but not all 3 months were over 3 BN. 

Both April and May 2020 were between 3 and 4 degrees BN.  Jan 2022 was -2.7 as a close one as well.  Would be something to have 3 months of 3-5 BN in a row.  Not something that is common for AN or BN.   The Summer of 2009 had 3 months BN but not all 3 months were over 3 BN. 
The only time we've had on average a bn avg temperature mean in the last 30 years for May through August in 2003. It's actually crazy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Greetings from Mammoth Lakes California! We arrived in town around 2:30 local time and were treated by the sight of a thunderstorm up on the mountain with snow at the summit. I hope to be able to share some pics in the coming days but I'm pinching myself right now in awe. There's about 4 feet of snow left here but it is melting quicker than Joel Embiid in a playoff game. The person that checked us in said the snowpack went down nearly 5 feet this week! Glad we got in when we did before it's all gone. Still nearly 15 feet on the mountain.

I did not see any of the "game" but will offer this quickly - I have said for the past 3 years that the Philadelphia 76ers will not win with Joel Embiid. I have taken a LOT of abuse over my commentary but I stand with that sentiment today. Embiid is a Fantasy basketball player- he puts up great Fantasy numbers, but anyone who thinks he's a winner is living in Fantasy world. The team will make a lot of changes during the off-season but as long as they build around #21 the team will not win. I've been waiting to be proven wrong and I don't think that day is coming.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Greetings from Mammoth Lakes California! We arrived in town around 2:30 local time and were treated by the sight of a thunderstorm up on the mountain with snow at the summit. I hope to be able to share some pics in the coming days but I'm pinching myself right now in awe. There's about 4 feet of snow left here but it is melting quicker than Joel Embiid in a playoff game. The person that checked us in said the snowpack went down nearly 5 feet this week! Glad we got in when we did before it's all gone. Still nearly 15 feet on the mountain.

I did not see any of the "game" but will offer this quickly - I have said for the past 3 years that the Philadelphia 76ers will not win with Joel Embiid. I have taken a LOT of abuse over my commentary but I stand with that sentiment today. Embiid is a Fantasy basketball player- he puts up great Fantasy numbers, but anyone who thinks he's a winner is living in Fantasy world. The team will make a lot of changes during the off-season but as long as they build around #21 the team will not win. I've been waiting to be proven wrong and I don't think that day is coming.

Your ears must have been ringing.  I just mentioned you.  Enjoy the snow and do not let Glen doc rivers ruin it.