• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

Picked up 0.20” in stray showers the last 24 hours.

It would be sunny and next thing you know a downpour. Probably 10-15 times today.

My grass is getting pretty high. I have a commercial mower, so it should handle the grass ok. But I picked up my neighbors yard, 1/2 acre. She is battling cancer and ask me if I would mow it for her. The way the grass has been growing I have been mowing a yard about every 3 days.

Stove has been burning steady this week. Constant 70 degrees in the house. Feels good coming in from outside.

• Like 1

It looks like today will be our 11th straight below normal day. In fact these 1st 3 days of May have been the coldest start to this month since 1945. It is the 3rd coldest start since 1894. Behind only 1945 and 1939. It looks like we have at least 2 more below normal days before warming to near normal by Saturday.
Records for today: High 91 (1913) / Low 31 (1909) / Rain 1.75" (1954)
image.png.1c08120c230d535372cb1fa5a920b3c7.png

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.02" yesterday and the 6th straight day with measurable precip.  Thinking it will be tough to reach 7 but not out of the question.  In the last 11 days I have received 3.71" of rainfall.  The Toro is going to have its work cut out for it when I finally get around to mowing on Friday.

.03" at home - home station down the road from work actually recorded .16" yesterday. Quite rainy during the morning to early afternoon time frame. I mowed last evening and will do so again tomorrow. With the breeze yesterday the grass wasn't too bad to cut last evening.

• Like 2

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

.03" at home - home station down the road from work actually recorded .16" yesterday. Quite rainy during the morning to early afternoon time frame. I mowed last evening and will do so again tomorrow. With the breeze yesterday the grass wasn't too bad to cut last evening.

My plan is to leave work early and mow this afternoon. Then mow again Sunday. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Massive amounts of helicopters flying in and out of Camp David.  So, some real weird shit happening here that is probably not sun related. 

Clearly you havent heard the theory that politicians are actually plants so their movements and abilities would be predicated by the sun. Ahem

I need to get off the damn internet

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Clearly you havent heard the theory that politicians are actually plants so their movements and abilities would be predicated by the sun. Ahem

I need to get off the damn internet

Not that one but I did watch this series on Netflix.  Would put an end to sun angle talk.

Watch Into the Night | Netflix Official Site

59 minutes ago, Anduril said:

I remember seeing a trailer for that and was just...no. I cant

It is not bad.  There are actually two series that are connected with the related theme.  One is survivors on a sub and the other on a plane.  The plane has to keep moving to miss the sunrise.  One bad part is that it was made for somewhere in Europe, I forget where, so it is dubbed. 

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU officially recorded a trace of snow yesterday - in a season where less than 1" fell they still pull off measurable in May. 

Just to clarify - it was snow that fell...not another form of frozen precip that gets recorded as snow. 

MU and ROU both showing up spring. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Still ten degrees below average and yet we're thrilled; tells you how things have been going ha.  Looks like we'll be above normal for a lengthy period this month though, so relief is on the way. 

One thing coming in the next few days is a bigger spread between the highs and lows with drier air.   MDT currently sitting at a -10 for the month. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

One thing coming in the next few days is a bigger spread between the highs and lows with drier air.   MDT currently sitting at a -10 for the month. 

Yep, some cool nights should help mitigate the plus departures.  It will be a slow slog back to normal but I do think it's likely we eventually get there, even if it takes all month. 

• Like 1