Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Anyone in CRV from Hartford to Brattleboro should keep expectations in check.  As I said earlier, I wouldn’t be confident anywhere under 700’. 

Agree 100 percent, it's just so warm for snow..... I don't see low dews advection before either

I just really hope there isn't any tree damage or power issues. The wind threat on this makes me nervous

Just now, Henry's Weather said:

Does anybody else not feel any excitement for this event? I feel like my nervous system has been humbled over the last year

I’m excited but I feel you on that. In the past I would have been hyping up a historic blizzard even the coast, but I’m skeptical of that this time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol at BOX watch. Only to be expanded to all of SNE by morning 

current BOX watch is given the uncertainty for anyone S/E of ORH. Also start time is later for eastern sections in any case. I am not terribly confident yet in >6" here.

Just now, George001 said:

I’m excited but I feel you on that. In the past I would have been hyping up a historic blizzard even the coast, but I’m skeptical of that this time. 

It's not that I'm not obsessively checking the models and such, but I used to lose sleep over storms like this. Lots of sleep. Anyone recall that storm in the beginning of March 2018, which was all rain? I got so burned by optimism for a flip to snow during that event. I think since then, it's been harder for me to be all-in, which is really a pretty helpful thing I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

current BOX watch is given the uncertainty for anyone S/E of ORH. Also start time is later for eastern sections in any case. I am not terribly confident yet in >6" here.

Well start time in CT up into SC MA is Monday afternoon.. It’s just foolish to issue a watch this far out and then just keep adding onto it . Either wait until 24 hours out or do it where it’s going to snow 6+ from the beginning 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I went nuts. I only use to do maps for CT but I expanded a bit and I’m getting destroyed on Twitter hahaha. 

Using words as: Possible, First Call, At this time, Subject to change.
Will quiet the naysayers.
It's a tough field when 99% of the populous have no idea what it entails.