• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

I’m in love with storm 2 for you guys… ensembles look great for a Mauler type redeveloper. I’d be excited if I were you guys. Think the speed of the pac is just too much for us down in Philly.

Storm 1 is just a mess right now for everyone. Think GFS is bogus and slowly caving to other guidance

Ensembles look awesome for storm 2, I like the look at the end of ukie. Hopefully euro gives us some fun. I’m rooting hard for this one… need a chase bad…
e412c86534af2b71e85952ccb7bf140c.gif

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Verbatim Sat PM that would be 3-4"/hr rates in Westerly. 

Something tells me you're more likely to see 3-4 shots/hr rates of hard alcohol in Westerly next weekend...you'll probably need it to drown out the cirrus in advance of the next batch of precip type issues mid week, next week.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Heisy said:

I’m in love with storm 2 for you guys… ensembles look great for a Mauler type redeveloper. I’d be excited if I were you guys. Think the speed of the pac is just too much for us down in Philly.

Storm 1 is just a mess right now for everyone. Think GFS is bogus and slowly caving to other guidance

Ensembles look awesome for storm 2, I like the look at the end of ukie. Hopefully euro gives us some fun. I’m rooting hard for this one… need a chase bad…

Yep. The GFS is on some shit right now, i have zero faith in that evolution and like you said seems to be trending to the other foreign guidance. The evolution and track just screams thread the needle, march with marginal airmass and perfectly timed and positioned low bombing out.

Right now i'd give it a 10/90 against for a significant snowfall across SNE. It's worth watching obviously but confidence is very low. 

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Something tells me you're more likely to see 3-4 shots/hr rates of hard alcohol in Westerly next weekend...you'll probably need it to drown out the cirrus in advance of the next batch of precip type issues mid week, next week.

Just opining on what the model showed as others have been doing since this thread started.

56 minutes ago, Heisy said:

e412c86534af2b71e85952ccb7bf140c.gif

Of course you’re in love with it now…it’s 7-8 days out. Saturday looked great too yesterday. 

lots to figure out…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Of course you’re in love with it now…it’s 7-8 days out. Saturday looked great too yesterday. 

lots to figure out…

Yeah, that looked like this one does on the EC a couple days ago.

I'm not in love with either, but not ready to write anything off yet, were just too far out for that. 

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Hopefully they are injecting it with steroids, but i dont see it on wxbell or pivotal either. 

I think we already know what its going to be based on the UKMET/GGEM...doubt it'll be anything good

Hopefully they’re fixing it …that model ain’t too good anymore…period.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah, that looked like this one does on the EC a couple days ago.

I'm not in love with either, but not ready to write anything off yet, were just too far out for that. 

It’s silly to be in love with either…because they’re both too far out to be honest. 

• Like 1

Weatherfella, and anyone interested in 1956 storm, as your recollection is from n NJ these are the NYC daily data from 16th to 19th March 1956 ...

date ____ MAX __ MIN __ PREC __ SNOW

16th ____ 33 ____ 22 ____ 0.90 ____ 6.2

17th ____ 33 ____ 20 ____ 0.05 ____ 0.5

18th ____ 30 ____ 21 ____ 0.38 ____ 3.8

19th ____ 26 ____ 23 ____ 0.78 ____ 7.8

========

It was a great run of cold and snowy months of March, other than 1957 which even so managed 2.5" snowfalls on 1st and again Apr 4th, then 1958 had 4.1" 14th and 11.8" 20th-21st, 1959 had 5.5" 12th, and 1960 had 14.5" 3rd-4th. Some of these storms may have been heavier in New England too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1