Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Medium/Long Range Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

stormtracker

12 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Nice animated view of the 12z EPS that was posted in the NE thread.

958733E7-A9E6-41DC-95BC-376B4B5B65B3.gif

If I lived in the NE I would post that too…Brooklyn dude deserves it putting up with our shenanigans.   Mazel tov to him!

15 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Unfortunately that's definitely a skip over look for the DMV. Further north would be a big storm.

Edit : need to get the low to redevelop off of Norfolk or even a little south if that.

Agreed, ideally this will happen further south, but the redeveloping low is moving very slowly, so that could help a bit to maintain the precip shield as it strengthens & crawls northeast.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

We are still in the game right now 7 days out. Who would want to be in the bullseye right now? Not me. We have 2 days left before curtains or joy. 

Exactly. Some pros....-ao, west based nao blocking, decent 50/50 signal. Cons....lack of antecedent cold air, mid March always seemed tough to get Miller b's to trend southward.

Still favors interior, elevations, and farther N. For now anyway. Somewhat encouraging signs today tho suggesting this isn't etched in stone yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

This time of year with blocking , if a low tracks south of us it will be cold enough to snow. Low 40s and sun turns into low 30s if there's a system taking a good track for us.

I know just the way shits going 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

We are still in the game right now 7 days out. Who would want to be in the bullseye right now? Not me. We have 2 days left before curtains or joy. 

I do! Not sure where that came from, the not wanting to be in the bullseye at this point.

Not being in the bullseye has been 100% correct so far. It's insane to wish the same.

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic