Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

3 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Big bump south while also stronger by 3mb. I imagine that would be one hell of a weenie map extrapolated 

Ukmet more in line with canandian. Think euro/gfs a lil too far nw. Models tend do overdue strength in this range. Right now I'd feel the most comfortable being in the GRR area.

It's been awhile since we've seen a sub 980 low take this kinda track. Looks like a good plastering wherever the snow ends up.

12 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

Thread the needle climo. Cold air coming mid late March with -NAO. Get to see systems detour us for the EC

Normally I don’t feel bad for EC due to nor Easter’s but this time around I do hope they could get something decent along with the southern part of our sub

^Agree with the OV but places like Boston have years we will never experience. Plus all we've really had is one ice storm and some grass tip snows. This system has plenty of time to go poof as well. MSP should be in the sharing mood

• Thanks 1

6z NAM is one for the books. 23" in 6 hours in Iowa. I mean, come on. :lol:

We're still a ways away from verification, but a little credit to the GFS so far. It's been closer to what's being modeled than the other models. Certainly not perfect though. Euro has been junk again. From the southern outlier to now the northern one (sans the worthless NAM). Alas, I'm all set on cold rainers for awhile, so hoping for a whiff south at this point. Go Ukie and Canadian. :D

15 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

6z NAM is one for the books. 23" in 6 hours in Iowa. I mean, come on. :lol:

We're still a ways away from verification, but a little credit to the GFS so far. It's been closer to what's being modeled than the other models. Certainly not perfect though. Euro has been junk again. From the southern outlier to now the northern one (sans the worthless NAM). Alas, I'm all set on cold rainers for awhile, so hoping for a whiff south at this point. Go Ukie and Canadian. :D

Was hoping we could add on to our whopping 4 inch total for the season but looks like we may escape this winter with less than a half of foot total of snow. Spring can’t come soon enough 

3 minutes ago, tuanis said:

You’re forgetting about 1/28-29. That was a pretty solid storm up here. This one looks sloppy and disappointing.

Your right I think I received 4" for that one. Although gradient for heavier snows ran through McHenry Co. with areas just NW receiving 8" amts

34 minutes ago, King James said:

Was hoping we could add on to our whopping 4 inch total for the season but looks like we may escape this winter with less than a half of foot total of snow. Spring can’t come soon enough 

9.9” on the season here, but point stands. Awful winter. Alas, we’re cooked here with this system. Just another 34 and heavy rain incoming. Terrible, terrible, terrible…

Man this one going to be painful. It will be close. Either will be on sharp edge of brutal snowfall gradient or in the cold rain with raging snowstorm just to nw. Not liking my position on this one. Nw IL folks and you Chicago folks have a shot. Very powerful lows like this always end up more nw and always have a big slug of waa. Definitely a nail biter