Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

11 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Canadian bumped the cold sector precip, oh only like 500 miles north lol. Think gfs is a bit too far nw but still several little impulses to move through following today's system so who knows. Anyone from cincy to traverse city could see snow.

Yeah I am not yet sold this will be that far north.  My observation is the models trends to a north supper juiced solution that then slow sink south and not as juiced.  Heck right now I have another sleet and ice storm occurring which 3 days ago the models just had rain & 40s.  Plus the NAO is negative right now which tends to support some suppression.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Many places in Michigan are getting an ice storm today.  Power outages on the increase again this time a little more north though.

DTE calling the Feb 22 ice storm 2nd worst in their 125 year history. Quite a few still without power. I had 0.1" of sleet and glaze of ice this morning but now it's 33° rain

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

Yeah I am not yet sold this will be that far north.  My observation is the models trends to a north supper juiced solution that then slow sink south and not as juiced.  Heck right now I have another sleet and ice storm occurring which 3 days ago the models just had rain & 40s.  Plus the NAO is negative right now which tends to support some suppression.

I'm thinking amd certainly hoping the same thing. Models often start south, then go North North North, then settle back South some.

2 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

DTE calling the Feb 22 ice storm 2nd worst in their 125 year history. Quite a few still without power. I had 0.1" of sleet and glaze of ice this morning but now it's 33° rain

Yeah it’s been a bad one. Most of the tree crews on my side have been on storm ever sense. A hella lot more out of state has come in to help than the news puts out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I can agree for South of M59 corridor but not for M59 and northward.  Christmas 2013, April 2003 just to name a few (there were a couple others in the 70s/80s).  

• Like 1