T12   0|  0   0|  0   0|  3   1|  0   0|  1   0|  0   0|  0   0
T24    |  0    |  2    |  3    |  3    |  1    |  1    |  2
PZP   0|  8   9|  0   0|  1   2|  5   5| 10  10| 10   8|  5   3
PSN  49| 45   0|  2   2|  0  13| 90  90| 68  33| 13  21| 11  41
PRS  32|  0   3|  1   0|  0   9|  3   3| 10  24| 19  15|  8  14
TYP  RS|  S   R|  R   R|  R   R|  S   S|  S  RS|  R   R|  R  RS
SNW    |      0|      0|      0|      0|      0|       |

MOS at hr 120. 

I'll take the 6z GEFS and the tenor of the season; with warm SST's, soil temps and pack beat back to the chicken coop. Thanks.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

And that’s all it is. I thought people would know better at this point. I guess not though, a modeled snowstorm on one set of guidance at day 9 is enough to pimp a big finish while tossing around “AWT” :lol:

It’s coming so you keep those positive hopeful vibes going…shine bright like a diamond.

• Haha 2

a -PNA also isn't nearly as much of an issue in March as it is in December due to the shorter wavelengths. a late-season -PNA/-NAO can be prolific

I do want to see the -NAO get solidly inside of 10 days, but I would favor it to happen based on the obliterated SPV down to 50mb. it's obviously not a guarantee at all, but it increases the likelihood 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

And that’s all it is. I thought people would know better at this point. I guess not though, a modeled snowstorm on one set of guidance at day 9 is enough to pimp a big finish while tossing around “AWT” :lol:

It’s what we do here..we discuss. Way to add to the discussion by scolding folks for discussing modeling, and potential.  You’ve sunk to new depths lol. 

42 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’d like to fast forward to the end of August 2023, and roll em with a new pair Of dice . Love that period into fall and hoping for a fun winter .

Right and then the Pacific teleconnectors  show some f’d up looking, long range pattern, that has everybody handwringing before Halloween.  This place is insane. Lol

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s what we do here..we discuss. Way to add to the discussion by scolding folks for discussing modeling, and potential.  You’ve sunk to new depths lol. 

He’s referring to my “it’s coming” post which wasn’t scientific at all but anyone with a modicum of objectivity can see there are good signs for snow chances in the second half of Feb into Mar. The problem is so many emotional states have been ruined and the only way for them to heal is to see the snow stacking on their lawns.

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m going to stay quiet after this but just my two cents:

I’ve been pretty consistent in thinking late Feb/early March would be conducive for winter to show up (along with others), so the ensemble stuff isn’t surprising.

That said, this winter is so far from ever being redeemable that I’m actually enjoying seeing sun and decent temperatures now. I’m not sure I even want snow. 

It’s just incredible that it’s the same thing over and over. Great look D7-10+, gradual backtracking, crap (here in CT), rinse & repeat. We’ll see if this latest look actually produces. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m going to stay quiet after this but just my two cents:

I’ve been pretty consistent in thinking late Feb/early March would be conducive for winter to show up (along with others), so the ensemble stuff isn’t surprising.

That said, this winter is so far from ever being redeemable that I’m actually enjoying seeing sun and decent temperatures now. I’m not sure I even want snow. 

It’s just incredible that it’s the same thing over and over. Great look D7-10+, gradual backtracking, crap (here in CT), rinse & repeat. We’ll see if this latest look actually produces. 

This look has definitely gotten closer than a lot of previous setups. I think I mentioned yesterday this is one of the few nice looks I’ve seen get inside day 10 all winter. The others were back in December and maybe we can count 1/23. 

Still plenty of reason to be cautious though. You get a couple wrong movements in the shortwaves and it could turn into another cutter, but I do like the trend of the front-running shortwave being stronger. 

• Like 2

Just now, dendrite said:

Sunday is the day to go more aggressive. Late return flow Saturday with moist ground, low dews, and mid Feb sun doesn’t scream 4pm big mixing to me. Maybe in late April or May.

That's valid. But I think this "Cold Front" is BS; aka a misnomer. The airmass behind it doesn't even take us to normal Friday night/Sat am. The cold stays bottled up in Northern Maine and SE Canada, and escapes east.

Full sun, west winds, and relatively warm aloft take care of the rest. 

50 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Next week I see the troughing out west actually becomes more severe. 

There's a -NAO being advertised beyond 240 though. I think the -NAO needs to come into focus before optimism renews on big snows. Still looks outside 10 days. 

I'm just having some fun with the bravado talk...as I have said before, I could easily see the end of the season failing to produce much, I just have reason to believe that it will be decent snowfall wise. And that isn't out of bias, as some people imply. Ironically enough, the whole pig-headed persistence mindset is a dead-ringer for a bias (not directed at anyone specifically).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What would be a better analog snowfall wise? 

Strictly in terms of snowfall? Well, it will probably be closer to normal, so lots...but that doesn't mean that 1956 won't end up being a decent analog synoptically speaking. 

We could play out latter January into February 2015 again and we probably don't pull off 100" in 30 days. That isn't how analogs work.

it seems like the clipper midweek next week may provide the first wave break that leads to blocking later on in the run. this is something that we want to monitor... if this continues to trend stronger or even remain the same, it will make it much easier for a -NAO to form

the 12z GFS looks to be doing the same FWIW

gfs-deterministic-nhemi-z500_anom-1676354400-1676916000-1677175200-20-1.thumb.gif.47b06ec844b6b37d63105016c06d3361.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Strictly in terms of snowfall? Well, it will probably be closer to normal, so lots...but that doesn't mean that 1956 won't end up being a decent analog synoptically speaking. 

We could play out latter January into February 2015 again and we probably don't pull off a 100" in 30 days. That isn't how analogs work.

Well 1956 is prolific, so something perhaps more tame. 

Anyways, I think once again...the Pacific will help determine our fate. I feel like the NAO will flip negative, but if it's more of a lousy PAC (+EPO) then December comes back to haunt us I think.