Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Banter

George BM

Just now, mattie g said:

There have been pages in that thread on which 2/3 of the posts were shown as being ignored by me...and I don't even have a ton pf people on Ignore.

even I had to unignore people to see the shit, so I get it.  lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mdhokie said:

@psuhoffman It doesn't attach to my lawn mower but it does make snow :). If you get desperate for a snow fix I can show you how I made it. Helps keep the kids happy during snow droughts.

image.png.23badcb26b2b42387a92817912eacf64.png

This is really awesome.  Reminds me of Midlo snow maker a similar thing he did.  I bet your kids think you're the #1 dad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mappy said:

please dont do that again. i get that everyone is miserable bc we can't seem to get a flake to fall around here, but come on. 

Sorry but not cool for him to throw some temper tantrum and speak down to someone who actually contributes. I know I don’t have anything to add, so I sit back and read and learn. He should do the same as well. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rvarookie said:

Sorry but not cool for him to throw some temper tantrum and speak down to someone who actually contributes. I know I don’t have anything to add, so I sit back and read and learn. He should do the same as well. 

I get it. And I agree with you. I cleaned it up. And will continue to do so as I see the posts and when I can. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rvarookie said:

While I agree, there is no way to forcibly compel him. The ignore button really does help lower ones blood pressure...

• Like 1

Just now, mappy said:

I get it. And I agree with you. I cleaned it up. And will continue to do so as I see the posts and when I can. 

Thanks sorry for spazzing. Just start moving all his post that end with “lol” to banter so doesn’t distract from real discussion. Going to need welfare check on my guy here soon if he don’t step away from that thread 

• Like 1

I realize that some people here are retired, work for themselves, or have various situations that vary...

But am I the only one that is too busy with a 9-5 job to allow a lack of snow to impact my treatment of others on a weather forum THIS MUCH? There's also a ton of folks in here that seem to post a lot just to inflate their post counts or feel the need to type out a post just for the sake of doing it. I guess for some it makes them feel like they are contributing - and many are...but this place has such weird spikes of bitterness and bickering...

There can't be THAT many of you on here that don't have lives outside of a weather forum...

Does anyone have fun PTO or vacations scheduled coming up? Anyone going to a warm/tropical destination? What books are you guys reading? Current favorite video game? Cool DIY projects? 

Maybe it's that this time of year has a unique blend of football teams getting eliminated from contention, lack of snowfall, seasonal affective disorder, and these past few years COVID-fatigue...but come on...

Sometimes feels like we'd be better off in winter having EVERYONE be post-limited except for a select few (I'd volunteer to be post limited myself...because I have nothing to add here that would be useful). 

Let's all just remember that we are actual people behind computer screens and keyboards...doesn't take much effort to 1) Be decent to each other and 2) Have a little fun. If you can't do either of those, you're better off lurking only and taking out your rage at a smash room or something. Some of you all legitimately seem like being on AmericanWx is harming you to the core. That's not healthy. 

It is COMPLETELY okay to step away and not post for a few days/weeks. We will be here when you get back. The world will continue to turn. You will NOT miss anything critical to your existence by living your life outside of the internet for 24 hours (or longer!). 

Another piece of advice...READ YOUR OWN POSTS BEFORE YOU POST THEM! If you are noticing that every single post of yours is sounding eerily similar to the last...stop posting for now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, mappy said:

Stop calling me mother mappy. Its sexist and I don't appreciate it. 

I wanted to apologize to you here. I am truly, truly sorry and I didn't realize how that sounded (wish I had realized it earlier. I feel absolutely awful for all the times I did it the last few years not realizing how it sounded and how you would feel about it. Man if had realized that earlier! In my rather quirky sense of humor I jokingly saw ya as a "mother" of this forum for whatever reason. But I see how that nickname is inappropriate and I do apologize for that and respect you as a moderator and as a human being. I pray you have a blessed day.

--Maestro

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I realize that some people here are retired, work for themselves, or have various situations that vary...

But am I the only one that is too busy with a 9-5 job to allow a lack of snow to impact my treatment of others on a weather forum THIS MUCH? There's also a ton of folks in here that seem to post a lot just to inflate their post counts or feel the need to type out a post just for the sake of doing it. I guess for some it makes them feel like they are contributing - and many are...but this place has such weird spikes of bitterness and bickering...

There can't be THAT many of you on here that don't have lives outside of a weather forum...

Does anyone have fun PTO or vacations scheduled coming up? Anyone going to a warm/tropical destination? What books are you guys reading? Current favorite video game? Cool DIY projects? 

Maybe it's that this time of year has a unique blend of football teams getting eliminated from contention, lack of snowfall, seasonal affective disorder, and these past few years COVID-fatigue...but come on...

Sometimes feels like we'd be better off in winter having EVERYONE be post-limited except for a select few (I'd volunteer to be post limited myself...because I have nothing to add here that would be useful). 

Let's all just remember that we are actual people behind computer screens and keyboards...doesn't take much effort to 1) Be decent to each other and 2) Have a little fun. If you can't do either of those, you're better off lurking only and taking out your rage at a smash room or something. Some of you all legitimately seem like being on AmericanWx is harming you to the core. That's not healthy. 

It is COMPLETELY okay to step away and not post for a few days/weeks. We will be here when you get back. The world will continue to turn. You will NOT miss anything critical to your existence by living your life outside of the internet for 24 hours (or longer!). 

Another piece of advice...READ YOUR OWN POSTS BEFORE YOU POST THEM! If you are noticing that every single post of yours is sounding eerily similar to the last...stop posting for now. 

:first time? gif:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Thank you this post. We can have debate but there's no reason to attack others personally. Unfortunately this goes on way to much in all aspects of life not just a weather board.

A nice 3 to 6 front end thump would do wonders for this board lol. :lol:

7 minutes ago, DE2PA said:

I just find it funny that anyone on an anonymous forum would imply that a poster needs to “know their place”

Listen to a degree I get it. A less-knowlegeable poster criticizing how a more knowledgeable poster posts looks really bad. Kind of like a rookie telling of a vet--even if the rookie thinks they have a legit point. Now, I don't think I was alone in my opinion THIS time.....but, other posters who contribute are respected and I get that.

Nah there aren't any "places", and the forum is open. Now it's up to the mods if they wanna put the clamp down on subject matter and such (I wouldn't blame them if they did). Their call has to be respected.

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

We are coordinating with a contractor for a bathroom renovation. Partial DIY. He’ll do the tub and surround and I’ll do the rest. I did a DIY renovation of our half bath last spring and am mostly satisfied with it. 

I may ping you privately - girlfriend is looking to do a partial bathroom remodel - she wants to do it DIY but it would involve knocking out a weird wall. Plus...we both have full time jobs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Listen to a degree I get it. A less-knowlegeable poster criticizing how a more knowledgeable poster posts looks really bad. Now, I don't think I was alone in my opinion THIS time.....but, other posters who contribute are respected and I get that. Nah there aren't any "places", and the forum is open. Now it's up to the mods if they wanna put the clamp down on subject matter and such (I wouldn't blame them if they did)

No doubt. That one poster’s statement just had big “shut up and dribble” vibes. Like get over yourself lol

• mappy unpinned this topic