• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2023 Short/Medium Range Severe Weather Discussion

Chicago Storm

Interesting observations.  Why do I think that our Midwest tornado season this year is going to be much more active than usual?  It is because we are coming out of La Nina which tends to be more favorable, Illinois has had tors on Jan. 3 and Feb. 27 and I had a strong t storm IMBY here at Griffith on Jan. 3. A bit unusual to say the least.

• Like 1

ILN calling it a radar confirmed tornado now, heading northeast towards the dayton metro.

OHC017-113-165-272015- /O.CON.KILN.TO.W.0005.000000T0000Z-230227T2015Z/ Butler OH-Warren OH-Montgomery OH- 244 PM EST Mon Feb 27 2023

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 315 PM EST FOR NORTHEASTERN BUTLER...NORTHWESTERN WARREN AND SOUTHERN MONTGOMERY COUNTIES...

At 244 PM EST, a confirmed tornado was located near Carlisle, moving northeast at 45 mph.

HAZARD...Damaging tornado.

SOURCE...Radar confirmed tornado. Radar shows tornado debris in the air.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is likely.

Locations impacted include... Dayton, Kettering, Miamisburg, Springboro, Franklin, Bellbrook, Moraine, Carlisle, Oakwood, West Carrollton, Riverside, Germantown, Centerville, Poast Town Heights and Woodbourne-Hyde Park. This includes I-75 in Ohio between mile markers 40 and 52.

spotter report from Germantown, OH:

Source: AMATEUR RADIO   UTC Valid: 2023-02-27T19:48:00Z
Remark: POSSIBLE TORNADO FROM MULTIPLE SPOTTERS

Just now, Chicago Storm said:

The rotation/couplet that prompted the tornado warning in DuPage Co earlier this morning passed just across from home.

Looks like it may have briefly touched down once or twice, with a bit of minor/sporadic tree damage down the road.

b7012c54dece039e019a076d523f8da3.jpg

A brief clip of the circulation as it passed within my view off of my balcony.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Major tornado in Mississippi right now?

There were a few this evening and tonight.

The Rolling Fork-Silver City, MS one was during the evening, and it sounds and looks like it was quite significant.

Then tonight Amory, MS took a hit from another significant one. One of the better looking radar couplets you’ll see…

ca2733134209f15eb7ebd99e976f1f81.jpg

• Thanks 1

00z models look nasty for Friday in portions of the sub-forum. A couple of them have what would probably be a significant severe weather outbreak from the Mid MS Valley to the western Lakes.

image.png

Some very high end solutions here in the GEFS.

• Like 2