Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

12 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

966 mb over Lake Ontario, 1043 over ND...who's ready for the hurricane-force northwesterlies?

I’d be more then happy to see that play out. I work for the power company in my area and I’d love to sit in my work truck watching winds whip the snow around

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

East coast peeps aren't gonna like this particular run lol.

Why do we care so much about what the east coast snobs think? Obviously a long ways to go but more often than not when you're looking at a storm strengthening like this, you'd rather be west of guidance (Always will have ghd nightmares/flashbacks). I think this is the winter the nw trend comes back, unfortunately for peeps east of chitown.

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo6899 said:

Why do we care so much about what the east coast snobs think? Obviously a long ways to go but more often than not when you're looking at a storm strengthening like this, you'd rather be west of guidance (Always will have ghd nightmares/flashbacks). I think this is the winter the nw trend comes back, unfortunately for peeps east of chitown.

More or less because when they start panty dropping, the board breaks…

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Because this sub is much more humble and we want wealth for all lol entertaining to see the meltdowns

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Powerball said:

February 2003 might have featured blizzard conditions, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't an actual warning, at least not in the Detroit area. I think that was RogueWaves' point.

Actually there was. I remember very distinctly because this went hand-in-hand with what I'm always harping on. The general public misinterprets the word blizzard. It was February 11th 2003 and the national weather service issued a blizzard warning along the Arctic front. We had 2" of snow on the ground and we got another 1.2" with the front in absolute blizzard conditions. The warning was verified but it was one of those times that the word blizzard is not to be associated with feet of snow. They get blizzard warnings in the plains with no snow falling sometimes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Actually there was. I remember very distinctly because this went hand-in-hand with what I'm always harping on. The general public misinterprets the word blizzard. It was February 11th 2003 and the national weather service issued a blizzard warning along the Arctic front. We had 2" of snow on the ground and we got another 1.2" with the front in absolute blizzard conditions. The warning was verified but it was one of those times that the word blizzard is not to be associated with feet of snow. They get blizzard warnings in the plains with no snow falling sometimes.

I think what he was trying to say was its been few and far between that we've had a low pressure track from our south southwest and strengthen as it heads towards say WV and PA. Usually some sort of transfer occurs and more often than not it's bombing off the coast, or upper midwest/near Chicago/west Michigan. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

We're talking about 2 different events. I'm thinking of February 21st-22nd, 2003.

8 minutes ago, Powerball said:

We're talking about 2 different events. I'm thinking of February 21st-22nd, 2003.

I loved that storm. Jackpotted here to boot. 11.5" huge drifts. Blizzard conditions. Again... I'm sure the public considered that a blizzard over February 11th.  Just my opinion, blizzard is an overused word. Give me 17" of snow with 25 mph winds on February 1, 2015 over 65 mph wind gusts and blowing snow on February 11, 2003.

• Like 1

• Chicago Storm changed the title to Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm