Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

In my opinion those are two overused issues brought up. Dry slots happen in most storms but it's not like any areas prone to them more than another. As for blizzard? I think the last one was February 2003 but blizzard is blizzard is more about wind and visibility. I'm totally fine getting a big storm without blizzard criteria. But if it happens, bring it

February 2003 might have featured blizzard conditions, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't an actual warning, at least not in the Detroit area. I think that was RogueWaves' point.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Ole Bucket said:

Watching the Mid Atlantic sub cheer on the GFS while we and the plains sub are pulling for King Euro is pure tracking entertainment.

I'm sure they are having nuclear meltdowns like they often do. Lol. At least we can handle a miss and defeat even though it sucks. We watch them get nor'easters constantly. I remember same thing happened with GHD I. I think one model hung on to coastal storm while everything else was a GLC and they were fuming. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

I'm sure they are having nuclear meltdowns like they often do. Lol. At least we can handle a miss and defeat even though it sucks. We watch them get nor'easters constantly. I remember same thing happened with GHD I. I think one model hung on to coastal storm while everything else was a GLC and they were fuming. 

It seems to happen like that over there. A lot more people to add to the mix. You are right we do a good job handling our shit. We are like lions fans not bothered by a loss. *I am a fan also* even the NWS in Detroit/Pontiac out out a small note on their discussion for this week

• Like 2

Its 2 ft plus for the new england sub to keep them happy
  • Like 1

We’ve reached the point where it’s safe to say this is going to be a hybrid storm system for our region. Whether it ends up a more/less amplified version is still yet to be seen, but there’s no chance at this being a clipper, no chance of it being some sort of PH/CO hooker/cutter and no chance of it being a miss SE/E from a full on EC storm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Chicago Storm changed the title to Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm