• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

First time posting in here. Although the trend was not favorable for the western lakes last night if you look at the ensembles you can see there is clustering to the west of the mean, so I would not rule out a shift back west during the day today. Not saying it will definitely happen, but we have all seen this happen before. Regardless, a high impact blizzard is nearly a lock for the majority of us.

Screenshot_20221220_055828_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_055900_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

Here's the 0z EPS mean total QPF. Pretty much a carbon copy of the 12/18 0z run, interestingly enough. The runs between these two were more generous with the 0.50-0.75" shading farther west in IL. MI has added a bit, BTW, probably owing to the eastern shift/later developing tendencies.

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 6.17.23 AM.png

8 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

image.thumb.png.d7e88125db9801a5b3a712ec9145484e.png

the-simpsons-he-is-already-dead.gif

The WSW for northern illinois is in jeopardy to be honest.   Good Luck the rest of the season, my trip to to chgo appears to be with limited fanfare and thats ok...hurricane season is right around the corner, lol.  The trend is definitely not Northern Illinois' friend.  BTW, this is why the hurricane center never deviates from their watch/warning criteria regardless of holidays or other subjective criteria, its all science and zero deviation ever.  They do have a "Potential Tropical Cyclone" package at their disposal for situations where it hasn't developed but has shot at hitting land.  Potential Winter Storm would have been good for LOT yesterday.  A high wind event isnt a Winter Storm and that's where this heading.  

• Haha 3

Just now, jlauderdal said:

The WSW for northern illinois is in jeopardy to be honest.   Good Luck the rest of the season, my trip to to chgo appears to be with limited fanfare and thats ok...hurricane season is right around the corner, lol.  The trend is definitely not Northern Illinois' friend.

They'll keep it in place simply for "holiday travel"

Yeah...that's the ticket!

8 minutes ago, magoos0728 said:

They'll keep it in place simply for "holiday travel"

Yeah...that's the ticket!

This afternoon if this trend continues, there shouldn't be a wsw just because of holiday travel....i could make  case there are more people travelling around northern illinois on a normal workday then during the holiday when people are sitting at home on their arse hitting refresh on this board..:D

• Thanks 1

This won't be needed, at least for me. :thumbsdown:

Important Information regarding your upcoming flight

Severe winter weather conditions across the Midwest may cause disruptions to our operation, including flight delays or cancellations. As of now, there are no changes to your itinerary. We will notify you if this occurs. We are happy to offer customers with flexible travel plans the opportunity to fly on a different day or connect in a different city at no additional cost. To review options, visit the My Trips section on the United app or united.com. If your travel has been booked with one of our airline partners, we recommend reviewing their travel guidelines to determine options.

6 minutes ago, jlauderdal said:

This afternoon if this trend continues, there shouldn't be a wsw just because of holiday travel....i could make  case there are more people travelling around northern illinois on a normal workday then during the holiday when people are sitting at home on their arse hitting refresh on this board..:D

As long as winds are very strong & blowing snow will cause visibility to drop to 1/4 mile, there will be a Blizzard Warning even if only 1-2 inches.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Well that was fun. Multi-season final 48hr trend will not be denied. 

I will take my 2-4 and enjoy the white Chris over the usual warm and brown turd sandwich we are typically served. 

I think ratios will pull out 3-6” but splitting hairs.

Might as well just go with that for my final call across LOT CWA.

• Chicago Storm changed the title to Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm