• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

35 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

What are you doing in Mount Joy!?  Stay in the historic district, ya hear!

I was dispatched by my dear wife to make a trip to Giant. It was madness. Just when I was up next at the checkout, the power went out. It came right back on, but it still triggered an additional 5 minute wait for the registers to reboot.

I will also add that on my drive home, the roads are already 50-75% dry. I don't foresee to many icing issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, the sun is coming out here now so I doubt I see any accumulating snow now.  The front came through here at 8:30am when the winds suddenly picked up dramatically.  Temp was 37 and didn't start dropping until 9:15.  It reached 32.0 at 9:52 and has now dropped almost 9 degrees more to 23.5.  I've had flurries on and off but that's been it.  Peak wind gust has been 25mph.  It's been way higher than that but I can't mount my anemometer in a better location, so winds are always muted.

I have patches of snow on the grass still surviving the overnight, but I don't think I can call it more than a trace although there are a few solid patches.  Regardless, at least I know now I'm guarantied to have snow on the ground Christmas morning.

About an hour ago a look at the Wunderground stations showed that all of Indiana and nearly all of Ohio were below zero.  Western Ohio was around 8 below.  Amazing stuff that I don't particularly want to experience. 

• Like 1