• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Well I'll be dipped in dogshit.  It IS the season of believing....so...here comes my white christmas ;)

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
412 AM EST Fri Dec 23 2022

PAZ057-059-065-066-232130-
/O.NEW.KCTP.WW.Y.0028.221223T1400Z-221223T2000Z/
/O.CON.KCTP.WC.Y.0003.221223T1800Z-221224T1600Z/
Dauphin-Lebanon-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon, York,
and Lancaster

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO
3 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON
TO 11 AM EST SATURDAY...

* WHAT...For the Winter Weather Advisory, snow expected. Total
  snow accumulations of up to one inch. Winds gusting as high as
  45 mph. For the Wind Chill Advisory, very cold wind chills
  expected. Wind chills as low as 15 below zero.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Well I'll be dipped in dogshit.  It IS the season of believing....so...here comes my white christmas ;)

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA

PAZ057-059-065-066-232130-
/O.NEW.KCTP.WW.Y.0028.221223T1400Z-221223T2000Z/
/O.CON.KCTP.WC.Y.0003.221223T1800Z-221224T1600Z/
Dauphin-Lebanon-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon, York,
and Lancaster

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO
3 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON
TO 11 AM EST SATURDAY...

* WHAT...For the Winter Weather Advisory, snow expected. Total
  snow accumulations of up to one inch. Winds gusting as high as
  45 mph. For the Wind Chill Advisory, very cold wind chills
  expected. Wind chills as low as 15 below zero.

Yea where was the WWA yesterday? I guess they figured they better put one out for today for the counties they missed yesterday. They probably got some slack on that one from yesterday. So lets see if we get anything out of the WWA today. Wind is guaranteed!

All 3" of snow here gone. Slight breeze just scoured out the fog in a hurry in Fairview Towinship  . Fronts influence is being felt here.

As some one else mentioned a week or so ago, I found the  night and day late mass goose migration that occurred a week ago very interesting.

Just stating things on my mind, I don't like your social media mob mentality here or anywhere for that matter, I don't need feed back form a bunch of people I don't like so none is necessary.

5 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

All 3" of snow here gone. Slight breeze just scoured out the fog in a hurry in Fairview Towinship  . Fronts influence is being felt here.

As some one else mentioned a week or so ago, I found the  night and day late mass goose migration that occurred a week ago very interesting.

Just stating things on my mind, I don't like your social media mob mentality here or anywhere for that matter, I don't need feed back form a bunch of people I don't like so none is necessary.

3in of snow gone here too. Temp is dropping here too. And I seen geese 2 large flocks on Tuesday headed south. Seemed odd that so late in the Fall winter season that hey were leaving.

I'm seeing it getting down to 13 degrees around the Harrisburg area around 5 pm. That seems insanely low for a daytime temp especially for right before the sun is completely set. That has to be close to a record for a daytime temp, right? We are supposed to have some 0 to -15 degree wind chills as well which is something you don't see very often especially during the daytime

Also earlier in the morning power flickered 3 times within 30 seconds. Then another flicker happened a bit later. Luckily no power outage. My area almost never loses power no matter how bad things get but it's definitely weird seeing flickering like this.

15 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I'm seeing it getting down to 13 degrees around the Harrisburg area around 5 pm. That seems insanely low for a daytime temp especially for right before the sun is completely set. That has to be close to a record for a daytime temp, right? We are supposed to have some 0 to -15 degree wind chills as well which is something you don't see very often especially during the daytime

On Jan 19th, 1994 MDT's high temp for the day was -1...meaning it stayed below 0 all day.  Dec wise, the lowest high temp at MDT is in 1917 when it only got to 5,7 and 8 for highs over a span of 3 days of Dec 29, 30 and 21.   I do wonder if it gets to 0 at LNS before midnight, would the 57 degree 12-hour drop be a record? 

The record high for tomorrow/ Christmas Eve is 15 and that may be in trouble as could the record low of -1 possibly be broken. 

• Like 1

From Joe Bastardi: 

apparently, Penn Dot had no idea that Sideshow Bob was going to thump central Pa. No watches or advisories were out so there was no plowing anywhere and the first 90 miles of my journey took 3 hours in visibilities that were 1/8 to 1/4 S plus

Then 42 miles in 3 hours on the Ct turnpike. So a record 10 hours and 35 minutes Pa to RI

I am here with my extended family for my first Christmas without mom and dad. Will make sure the Avenger shows up tomorrow. I thought I would be in RI by 4. Ct has no mercy and neither does Penn Dot

Sideshow Bob has been on the charts for a week. How whoever supplied info to Penn Dot did not know ( apparently there were no WWAs out before. I got that from Garrett as I don't watch forecasts around here) is almost unbelievable. I have to admit the flashing signs when you could see them in the s plus saying slippery roads were possible when there was 2 inches on the road were kind of amusing

They should call weatherbell. I think our snow clients will tell you they were warned

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

2.55” precip so far.    All snow is gone.   Many gusts in the 40s and 50s reported around the Pittsburgh area 

Very similar totals here....just dropped another 1/4" in the last hour and over 2.5" now, mostly rain.   Roads are very wet...hoping the wind dries them a bit in the next 2-3 hours. 6Z HRRR drops a fresh coat of 1/2-1" of snow in the Eastern LSV.  

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Same. I have huge puddles all over. I see no way they don’t become rinks. All pretreatment was washed away. 

To me the only saving grace is that the temp drop is a bit delayed for an hour or two once the precip is by.  It gets below freezing but not way below until closer to lunch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

Yea where was the WWA yesterday? I guess they figured they better put one out for today for the counties they missed yesterday. They probably got some slack on that one from yesterday. So lets see if we get anything out of the WWA today. Wind is guaranteed!

Yeah, I agree.  It's likely precautionary due to fropa and flash freeze potential, more than the snow.  1/2" of snow on icy roads makes for some driving fun tho..

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

3in of snow gone here too. Temp is dropping here too. And I seen geese 2 large flocks on Tuesday headed south. Seemed odd that so late in the Fall winter season that hey were leaving.

You just gave him feedback.

Your in trouble now buddy...:lmao: